Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Feature Request: Limit number of downloads per day/week/month

• Adina Gaskin
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #152351 by Adina Gaskin
Is there anyway that you can add the functionality to limit the number of documents a member can download?

I would like to allow paid members to download documents as part of their membership but only allow XX number each month with their subscription thru membership pro.

The reason I want to regulate this is because I don't want someone to sign up for a membership and then download everything and the cancel their membership.

My thought would be that the settings would be under the main configuration and say you could possibly let limits per category? or just as a whole.

Would this be something possible to add to the development schedule?

Thanks!
Adina

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #152352 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Adina

Could you please explain more details how users subscribe for Membership Plans and download documents on your site at the moment? I'm asking this question because look like you use both Membership Pro and Documents Seller on your site, so I want to understand your setup first

Regards,

Tuan

• Adina Gaskin
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #152353 by Adina Gaskin
Sure...

Right now when someone creates an account on my site they get a free lifetime membership and get an access level of free.

Paid subscriptions their user access level switches to paid. And when it expires or they cancel goes back to free.

As of right now there is only one type of membership in which everything is included. But if I can get this to work there would be different levels of subscription because it would include the downloads. So generally speaking it would be like

paid plan 1 for $X(without downloads) - access level paid1
and paid plan 2 for $XX (with monthly downloads) access level paid2

Does that make sense?

More
1 year 9 months ago #152354 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is still not very clear to me how users would download the mentioned documents. Are these documents managed inside Membership Pro or in Documents Seller extension?

• Adina Gaskin
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #152365 by Adina Gaskin
Yes, they are managed and downloaded through the document seller. But the price would be zero and there would be a limit the number of downloads they could get per month.

• Adina Gaskin
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #152636 by Adina Gaskin
Just want to follow up on this to see if this something that can be done?

thank you!
Adina

More
1 year 8 months ago #152642 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Adina

I will have to think more about it. However, this will require customizing the extension and I'm afraid of we will have to charge you some fee (around 100$ or so) for doing the customization.

If that price range is OK for you, I will look at it more carefully and give you final quotation

Regards,

Tuan

• Adina Gaskin
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 8 months ago #152643 by Adina Gaskin
Yes that will be ok.

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Adina

More
1 year 8 months ago #152644 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Adina. Could you please submit a support ticket so that we can discuss more about it? It would be great if you can send me super admin account of your site so that I can take a quick look at your current setup to understand it better

Tuan

• Adina Gaskin
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 7 months ago #153405 by Adina Gaskin
I haven't abandoned this yet... life is just happening right now... I will come back to this when things settle down a bit and I can focus more on it.

thanks for your patience.

adina