Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Joomla 1.6 version

More
13 years 3 months ago #7024 by shiel
Joomla 1.6 version was created by shiel
Hi,

I was reading this topic..
www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...iew&catid=47&id=6922

and it says there may be a discount on the upgrade rather than a free upgrade for existing lisence holders.

I was wondering if you have made a decision on this yet?

I purchased Document Seller towards the end of last year, under the impression that upgrades to the product would be free.
I would have thought that making it work with the latest Joomla version would come under this category.

While I dont have a full understanding of what is required to make these components (yet) I do know that not being able to upgrade Joomla because one of the core components I have chosen to purchase will not work with the new version unless I buy it again does not seem right.

If I had been using the component for years, I would have no complaint - but my site is nearing the end of the development phase now and has not yet become live - therefore I have not yet been able to use the component to make a return on the investment.

Shiel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #7045 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Joomla 1.6 version
Hi Shie

I haven't had the decision for it yet. However, I think that it will be fair for customers who purchased the extension in the last 6 months / 1 year get free upgrade to version for Joomla 1.6. For customers who use the extension more than 6 months or 1 year, customers should pay for the upgrade with 50% discount .

When I have version ready for Joomla 1.6, I will ask for feed back from customers and make decision bases on Feedback from customers .

Thanks,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.