Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

DOC Seller & IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS

• Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #111035 by Thomas
Hi all

We received a message from Paypal on March 6th '18 regarding security upgrades they are planning to do.
In this email 4 security measures are mentioned. One of them is "IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS". According to this email we need an update on this completed by June of this year.

We are currently using Documents Seller 3.5 with Paypal on our website and are wondering what we need to do to update this?
Do we need to update something on DOC Seller side, or something on Paypal side? Documents Seller is the only plugin on our website we use to sell documents.

The measures are quite technical and I this is not something I'm really familiar with.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #111273 by Thomas
Hello

Is there anyone who can assist me with this issue?
Thanks!

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #111274 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic DOC Seller & IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Hi Thomas

This will requires change to PayPal payment plugin code. I will work on this change within this weekend and update latest version with this change, make it available on Monday next week

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas

• Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #111451 by Thomas
Dear Tuan

Do you have any updates on the changes you had to make?

Also, when you made the changes, can you explain which changes you did?
We're currently running v3.5 with an integration to our own server, so the right files are sent immediately after payment. We're afraid that the whole config will be lost when we update the complete documents seller.

Thanks!

• Thomas
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #112167 by Thomas
Hi Tuan

Do you have any updates?

Thanks!

More
5 years 11 months ago #112168 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic DOC Seller & IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Hi Thomas

Just updated the package to support this requirement from PayPal (also, support TLS 1.2 for other payment gateways like Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal Pro...). Please get the latest version 4.0.2, upgrade it to your site and it will work OK

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 years 11 months ago #112890 by oakgrounds
Replied by oakgrounds on topic DOC Seller & IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Is the update from Document Seller 3.5 to 4.0.2 automatically? If so, joomla does not show it as an upload. If not, please provide a link for the installer.
Thanks again for this product.

More
5 years 11 months ago #112952 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

If I remember correctly, we don't support Joomla update with old version of Documents Seller. So if your subscription still active, please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version of the extension and upgrade it to your site

Regards,

Tuan