Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

How to modify "Publish Date"? Looked everywhere...

• assur3
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4987 by assur3
... can't find anywhere to edit it. Suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5065 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to modify "Publish Date"? Looked everywhere...
Hi

In Documents Seller, we only have Created Date and Modified Date and these information are get automatically from the files information.

Where do you see Publish Date ? Could you let me know more information about things you want ?

Thanks,

Tuan

• assur3
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #5413 by assur3
In the Table view, Publish Date is one of the columns. It can't be re-set. It always takes the date of the upload of the file. That doesn't make sense. If anything, it should take the date of the document creation, not the file upload. Furthermore, it should be modifiable in some way.

More
13 years 6 months ago #5423 by Frank Andrews
Replied by Frank Andrews on topic Re: How to modify "Publish Date"? Looked everywhere...
When you upload a file the creation becomes the creation date on the target drive, not your original date. I guess you are looking for a 'Publish' date as in Joomla content which specifies when something is to be shown in the front end?

• assur3
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #5890 by assur3
Actually, almost any type of real publish date would be superior to the current implementation. At a bare minimum, it would make much more sense to default to the creation entry date, not the upload date. Every person I asked agreed that the current implementation makes no sense.

Not to say that this is an otherwise wonderful component - just that the date implementation is crazy.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6400 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to modify "Publish Date"? Looked everywhere...
Hi all

I am sorry for the confusing in publish date. It is set to the document creation date and could not be changed. I am working on new version at the moment and will make it editable !

The new version will be released on next year and will have many improvement. Big changes, BTW .

Thanks,

Tuan