Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Logged in users unable to download purchases?

• Clint Herron
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #4543 by Clint Herron
Logged in users unable to download purchases? was created by Clint Herron
This is really weird, because I thought it was all working before. I'm not sure what changed, and I don't seem to be able to find an error message to tell me what's going wrong.

Two problems I'm noticing:

1) When a user is logged in and linked with a purchase, there is no Download link when viewing a document -- just Back and Order, as if they had not purchased.

2) When I log in as an administrator and attempt to CHANGE the document that an order is linked with, I get linked to a completely blank page. When I go back and look, I see that the order was un-linked with the old document, but it hasn't been re-linked to the new document.

Any ideas for what I should try to see and debug this? Is there an error log that Documents Seller keeps that I could check?

Thanks!

--clint

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 7 months ago #4559 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Logged in users unable to download purchases?
Hi

First of all, please makes sure you are using latest version of the extension (version 2.6.0) .

1. Regarding the download purchased documents :

- You need to create a menu item to link to Mydocs (My purchased documents) view in Documents Seller. You customers can access to this menu item to see all order history and download the purchased documents. The reason I don't display the download link on the document detail page because customers might want to buy another copy of the document (to use for another clients...), and display both Orders and Downloads buttons might make them confusing. I think that having a seperate area (orders history) to allow them download purchased documents will make it more clear .

2. Regarding the issue with blank screen, I just tested it again and didn't see the error as you said, so It might be something special with your site / server . Please send me your site information so that I can check and fix it .

Thanks ,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.