Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Can I require registration for free downloads?

• Sloan Thrasher
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #39702 by Sloan Thrasher
Can I require registration for free downloads? was created by Sloan Thrasher
Is there a way to require that a user be registered before they can download free items?

Also, can the download button be changed so the user can to add the item to a cart rather than having to download each item individually? I have several items that are related and are often downloaded by users in the same session.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help!

Joomla 3.2, latest version of Document SellACer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #39709 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Can I require registration for free downloads?
Hi Sloan

"Is there a way to require that a user be registered before they can download free items?"

Could you please give me more information :

1. Is your documents are free or paid documents ?

2. You want users to be logged in before downloading the documents or you want them to be able to enter username and password on download form to register for an account when downloading documents ?

"Also, can the download button be changed so the user can to add the item to a cart rather than having to download each item individually? I have several items that are related and are often downloaded by users in the same session."

=> For this item, unfortunately, it is not possible .

Tuan

• Sloan Thrasher
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #39710 by Sloan Thrasher
Replied by Sloan Thrasher on topic Re: Can I require registration for free downloads?
I am referring to the free items. I would prefer that a user has to be signed in for the download button to appear. Second choice would be that if the user isn't signed in, the download button is disabled. The last choice would be that they can click the button, and would then be required to sign in, or create an account.

Regarding the second question about showing a Add To Cart button, can you tell me which file in the component I would modify to enable this feature? No need for the code changes to make, it would just be nice to be able to narrow down the search.

More
10 years 3 months ago #39765 by Drouven
In addition to this question. I like to make the free download documents go through the shopping cart so customers can find them many documents and at the end only have to give there emailadres for a download link without any registration or login.

is that possible??