Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

No emails anymore

• ub@nutzerhandbuch.de
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3922 by ub@nutzerhandbuch.de
No emails anymore was created by ub@nutzerhandbuch.de
Hi there,

I decided to move my products to a different site, installed Documents Seller again and configured it exactly as before on the original site, even the messages. Problem is, no emails are sent after somebody bought something. No email to the customer about his purchase, no email to me about the process. If PayPal didn't inform me of a payment I would not recognice a sold product at all. Needless to say, that my customers don't get the download link I provided in the message. At least they are redirected from PayPal correctly, so they can download the document.

I checked the complete configuration again and again, but did not find anything. Any idea?

www.userhandbuch.de

Regards
Ulrich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #3933 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: No emails anymore
Hi Ulrich

This problems happened with some clients before . Usually, the reason is :

1. Client tests their sites on localhost (a local computer) . Paypal IPN could not reach a local computer, so the order is not validated and no emails is sent . (Not your case because you setup the site in live server) .

2. You are using a security extension like RS Firewall . I found a bug in RS Firewall which disable Paypal IPN (RS Firewall block Paypal IPN) . In this case, we will need to modify RS Firewall alitle to make it works with Paypal IPN . There are serveral extensions like that .

In this case, please send me super administrator account of your site so that I can check it for you .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• ub@nutzerhandbuch.de
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #3936 by ub@nutzerhandbuch.de
Replied by ub@nutzerhandbuch.de on topic Re: No emails anymore
Thanks Tuan,

but the problem seems to be a specific Joomla problem. Sorry for bothering you. I did some research and it just seems to happen for no apparent reason that the mail function fails. As it is in my case. I switched from php to sendmail and at least am able to send mails to user ( a function I just activated yesterday, therefor I didn't know it didn't function either). DMS ist stll not sending, I'm afraid, but I found a workaround by bypassing mailing. That should be doing it till i find some time to make a new install, maybe Joomla 1.6.

Thanks for your input
- Ulrich

More
13 years 8 months ago #3938 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: No emails anymore
Hi Ulrich

Last time , I checked an issue for a client (maybe It was you, I don't remember :( ) . The emails were not sent, too . Then I switched to use our mail server (using SMTP Server option on configuration of Joomla) and It works . So in this case, this is something wrong with the mail server of the client .

Maybe you should contact me so that I can check it for you ?

Thanks ,

Tuan