Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

tutorial, setup, configuration?

• donaldhwong
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #3166 by donaldhwong
tutorial, setup, configuration? was created by donaldhwong
Just bought DS. Upload a file through your files tab. Check against absolute path in Configuration. It is there.

Then I am lost, can not figure out how to hook it up to the rest of it. Do you have a detailed setup or configuration guide?

Your tutorial is installation only and does not tell me about the integration of all the components. Your modules show up okay, but there is nothing to work with..

Help... tks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3284 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re:tutorial, setup, configuration?
May I join you asking for a documentation?
I feel a little lost and since I could not find any other similar post in the forum, I am afraid I do not see the obvious: the how to. First problem is always the translation. When there is a lot texts to be translated in the administration and you do not know exactly, where it will be used for, on which page it will appear or when exactly which email will be sent ... difficult. Often it is just a guess, what I fill into the forms.
But the other question I hardly dare to ask: what when all this is done? How do I really offer a product or service? How do I create a product, how do I place it on the site, how do I put a shopping cart (or whatever) button on it.
Where do I find a documentation? FAQs only refer to another component as does the demo, the short version of the payment form description I do not understand or at least not fully.
Makes me really feel stupid.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3289 by James
Replied by James on topic Re:tutorial, setup, configuration?
i also started a thread about docs its here www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...iew&catid=49&id=3252

i managed to find out how to getthe component working as needed, but need to remove the back button and fix some css you need to make a new document not just upload a file. and you also need to enable the dms_document module as well. i will check my docs and re-post.