Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Multiple Categories?

• Tess M
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2518 by Tess M
Multiple Categories? was created by Tess M
"DMS allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories." However, after trying out the plugin, I have realized that it does not allow you to categorize a document into multiple categories, correct?

I wanted to be able place a document in multiple categories so that purchasers could browse by skill level (easy, intermediate, expert), project type (scarves, socks, hats), or technique used (lace, cables, intarsia). Now it doesn't look like I can do that with the category function.

I don't want to create the same document three times over and place three different copies in the three different categories.

Is there another way to accomplish this w/o duplicate documents?

Thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #2519 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Multiple Categories?
Hi
When I said "DMS allows you to organize your documents cross infinite categories and subcategories" . That mean you can create categories in unlimited level . However, It only allows one document to be assigned to one category only.

It is a good idea that one document can be assigned to different category . I will implement it in the next version (which will be release in about one week. Today, I planned to releases a new version) .

Thanks,
Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.