Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Coupons

• Robert Dydo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #24822 by Robert Dydo
Coupons was created by Robert Dydo
Hi all,
I bought this extension yesterday and this is a third document seller I spent money on and the best yet. Everything seems to work fine, I tested transactions and it is working as well. The only issue I have is with coupons. Perhaps I have no idea how to set it up, but I have tried number of ways and the discount does not take place. I even tested during the purchase, speculating that it will take place while transition to PayPal but it did not happen.
Other minor question, when transaction is complete it show "document order" is there a way to have actual document's name in the Paypal area. Buyers could be cautious when seeing this generic term and cancel transaction. I suppose problem would start if there is more items than one. Suggestions?
thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #24838 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Coupons
Hi Robert

Could you please explain more details about the issue with coupons which you are having so that I can guide you to solve it?

Regarding the document name in Paypal Area, it is alitle difficult because when you enable shopping cart, users can purchase different documents within one checkout and we could not include the names of all documents there. Maybe in the next release, I will allow you to use name of the documents in the title of transactions (comma separated in case customers purchase several documents within one checkout).

Tuan

• Robert Dydo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #24840 by Robert Dydo
Replied by Robert Dydo on topic Re: Coupons
Hello,
after I create the coupon code, I will enter into the coupon code area. After clicking on "process order" I would expect deduction to take place,
It does not happen, So if I purchase $75 document and I have 20% deduction I would expect paypal show $60, not $75. At this point I assume code has not worked. I created codes and they did not work. I even executed a purchase all they way and Paypal charged full amount.
Maybe I do not know how to create one,
Can they be numerical or alphanumeric or alphabetical? I think I have them set to 10 characters? I sort need this utility the most, this is was attracted me to this extension.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Robert Dydo.

• Robert Dydo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #24868 by Robert Dydo
Tuan,
can you walk me through process creation of the coupon?
What are the expected steps for coupon to work.
Where is the result of coupon working seen?
I searched this entire board for a solution and found nothing. I assume nobody has a problem with is or nobody is offering discounts :)
In first case I must be setting something wrong in config or make an issue out of the coupon creation. I opened the ticket for it as well.
Thank you I hope to hear from you soon
Robert

• Robert Dydo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #24869 by Robert Dydo
At the end I am the dumb one, confirmation page must be not bypassed for coupons to work. Seem obvious now but not so obvious from instructions for last 24 hours :(. It works like a charm now.

More
11 years 2 months ago #24881 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Robert

Other customers (including our website) can use coupon without any problem (we disable coupon on our website, only enable it whenever necessary), so I believe it is just something wrong with the settings on your site. Could we continue discuss about this issue via support ticket (you submitted a ticket, correct) to see what's wrong here and get it sorted ? After that, I will share the problem and solution in this forum post.

Tuan

• Robert Dydo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #24894 by Robert Dydo
Problem solved Tuan, thank you for your assistance.
Robert

More
11 years 2 months ago #24895 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's great. Thanks for giving me the information.

Tuan

More
11 years 1 month ago #26538 by Charity Preston
Replied by Charity Preston on topic Re: Coupons
I am also having issues with coupons. I want to be able to put several items at a discount (like an entire category) for my FB fans with a coupon code. But, it looks like I can only add one item per coupon code. Ideas for how I would be able to make this work?

Or even to allow a % discount off an entire order doesn't seem to be available either?

I am configuring through PayPal.

Thanks!

More
10 years 11 months ago #31073 by Derek Huff
Replied by Derek Huff on topic Re: Coupons
I just want to echo Robert's request about having the document title in the Paypal process. It would be very helpful, instead of having "Document Seller" be the name of the product once it hits Paypal.