Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

DocMan Seller to Documents Seller

More
14 years 2 months ago #2389 by Anna
DocMan Seller to Documents Seller was created by Anna
I've had DocMan Seller installed for a while but haven't really put TOO much work into it yet. Then I stumbled across warnings of a security flaw and couldn't find a patch anywhere. So I installed the latest Documents Seller. Which I bought. In addition to buying DocMan Seller in the first place.

I mention it because I want to be clear that I'm already peeved. Then I ran into these issues -

1) When I went to www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...icle&id=41&Itemid=40 (the product page for Documents Seller) and click the Tutorial link, it takes me to www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...rticle&id=5&Itemid=7 (the Joom Donation Installation & Configuration page). It should take me to joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...icle&id=43&Itemid=41

2) When I came to the forums, where I've been once before, the forum for DocMan Seller has been deleted and replaced with this one. Maybe that's supposed to mean you're not supporting your earlier product, I don't know. If so, it doesn't bode well for your support of the current Documents Seller. Nor does the fact that questions have been asked here and the threads have turned to pleading, with no response.

Regarding the old, now missing, forum - one reason for a forum is so that an answer to a question can be found again, rather than forcing people to ask the question again. Deleting it was stupid. So now I'd like to know what the problem is with DocMan Seller and how badly I need to replace it and cannot find the answer. Please clue me in.

Regarding the pleading... oh, don't make me plead. In the hopes of not having to plead, I'll be emailing this to you as well.

3) Since I couldn't find a patch and had to BUY a second version, my investment here is now double what it was and growing less worth the trouble. Why? Because rather than overwriting the DocMan Seller installation, Documents Seller is a whole new installation. Apparently I've now got to re-create everything I've already created. Is that right? And, if it is, why would you do that AND please don't ever do that again. I've already bought the thing (TWICE!), just give me an upgrade next time. I get that you just aced DocMan out - which is sad, since I prefer DocMan paired with DocMan Seller to Documents Seller - but what you really did was make more work for me AND make me pay for it. Twice.

If it's not right, and I don't have to re-create everything, then please tell me how to move everything from DocMan / DocMan Seller to Documents Seller.

4) Under Configuration, there's Documents Path. Your Tutorial page says "Documents Path: Enter absolute path where your documents will be stored." Very helpful, except one thing. I've done that, it's failing ("JFolder::files: Path is not a folder" is one result, for example). I don't know what the problem is and no longer care too much. What I REALLY need is for you to tell me what the default is for that field.

5) Just a thought. Your refusal to deal with the people of DocMan (see forum.joomlatools.eu/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5289 ) leaves the question of how secure Documents Seller is. Whether or not it's vulnerable, the way it LOOKS is that you just cut and ran, rather than address the problem. Is this new product actually secure? Is DocMan Seller secure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2393 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:DocMan Seller to Documents Seller
Hi
Sorry for lately response. I was on new year holiday (). Here are my answers to your questions :

1) When I went to www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...;id=41&Itemid=40 (the product page for Documents Seller) and click the Tutorial link, it takes me to www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...mp;id=5&Itemid=7 (the Joom Donation Installation & Configuration page). It should take me to joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...;id=43&Itemid=41

=> Sorry for the wrong link . I will check and fix it soon.

2) When I came to the forums, where I've been once before, the forum for DocMan Seller has been deleted and replaced with this one. Maybe that's supposed to mean you're not supporting your earlier product, I don't know. If so, it doesn't bode well for your support of the current Documents Seller. Nor does the fact that questions have been asked here and the threads have turned to pleading, with no response.

Regarding the old, now missing, forum - one reason for a forum is so that an answer to a question can be found again, rather than forcing people to ask the question again. Deleting it was stupid. So now I'd like to know what the problem is with DocMan Seller and how badly I need to replace it and cannot find the answer. Please clue me in.

Regarding the pleading... oh, don't make me plead. In the hopes of not having to plead, I'll be emailing this to you as well.

=> The old forum still on joomservices.com. But we had a problem with the old site, so I had to redirect the site to joomdonation.com for the moment . We are rebuilding joomservices.com at the moment and will make it online next week, so you can still find the forum for Docman Seller very soon .

3) Since I couldn't find a patch and had to BUY a second version, my investment here is now double what it was and growing less worth the trouble. Why? Because rather than overwriting the DocMan Seller installation, Documents Seller is a whole new installation. Apparently I've now got to re-create everything I've already created. Is that right? And, if it is, why would you do that AND please don't ever do that again. I've already bought the thing (TWICE!), just give me an upgrade next time. I get that you just aced DocMan out - which is sad, since I prefer DocMan paired with DocMan Seller to Documents Seller - but what you really did was make more work for me AND make me pay for it. Twice.

If it's not right, and I don't have to re-create everything, then please tell me how to move everything from DocMan / DocMan Seller to Documents Seller.

=> We still give support for Docman Seller, the problem is that the joomservices.com is offline at the moment and you could not find the patch for Docman Seller . Sorry about that. Infact, you don't have to re-create anything. In Documents Seller, there is an option to migrate from Docman Seller to Documents Seller already.

If you still want to use Docman Seller, just email me and I will send you the latest version of Docman Seller.

4) Under Configuration, there's Documents Path. Your Tutorial page says "Documents Path: Enter absolute path where your documents will be stored." Very helpful, except one thing. I've done that, it's failing ("JFolder::files: Path is not a folder" is one result, for example). I don't know what the problem is and no longer care too much. What I REALLY need is for you to tell me what the default is for that field.

=> I think you entered a wrong path. Just give me administrator account and I will check it for you.

Just a thought. Your refusal to deal with the people of DocMan (see forum.joomlatools.eu/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=5289) leaves the question of how secure Documents Seller is. Whether or not it's vulnerable, the way it LOOKS is that you just cut and ran, rather than address the problem. Is this new product actually secure? Is DocMan Seller secure?

=> I did fix the problem and contacted Johand, the developer of Docman, sent him the latest version of Docman Seller with the security issue fixed (I did sent it to him serveral times) but he didn't update the forum post (the forum is read only and I could not make any comment to the thread) . I confirm that both Docman Seller and Documents Seller are secure and I will continue working to improve the both two extensions . Documents Seller is independent with Docman because I don't want new customers have to pay twice (both for Docman Seller and Docman) . I also planned for many advanced features which I will add to documents seller, so I don't want to depend on docman (If I continue with Docman, I will have to hack into Docman core code for these new features) .

Hope my answers is clear to you. And sorry again for lately response, I was on new year holiday .

Thanks ,
Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.