Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

License Key Function

• vvolf69
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #22113 by vvolf69
License Key Function was created by vvolf69
The license key funtion doesn´t provide the possibility of adding multiple/individual license keys as a list? - so what´s the usage of it? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22311 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: License Key Function
Hi

It does provide that function. When you create licenses for document, you can enter multiple license codes (each license code in one line). Could you please check it again ?

Tuan

• vvolf69
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #22328 by vvolf69
Replied by vvolf69 on topic Re: License Key Function
Thanks Tuan,

Tried it and it works like described. Found only a minor issue which I have fixed via editing the order confirmation mail. DMS send already the license key when user has chosed to use offline payment within order confirmation mail as it is part of the order details.

As said I fixed it by editing the oder confirmation mail but you should fix it within the order details as I´m sure it´s not your intention to send out a valid license key as long as it isn´t paid.

However this point opens another potential issue. I think it would be better to activate the license key together with the activation of the download for offline payments. If you already add a license to the order when it isn´t paid but confirmed a potential attack could make usage of that by generating hundreds/thousands of offline orders and this way all your license keys could be compromised. That would be some serious damage as mostlikely the license keys are part of the installer scripts for what they are used. ;)

Another minor issue is that I can´t delete a license key from the backend. It tells me always I have to make a selection from the list... :(
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by vvolf69.

More
11 years 5 months ago #22522 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: License Key Function
Hi

Thanks for your suggestion and report. I will work on it during this weekend !

Tuan