Any questions about Documents Sellers, post it here .

Version 2.7.0 License Code

• Christopher Masters
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #21088 by Christopher Masters
Version 2.7.0 License Code was created by Christopher Masters
I have version 2.7.0 and Joomla 2.5.7. The [Order Detail] in the Order Confirmation email displays no License Code When "Send License Code Via Email" is selected in the configuration. I noticed in the database the License Code field is now empty and there is a new field called Order Number. Have I missed something in the configuration or is this an oversight that can be fixed? Thank you for your help!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #21090 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Version 2.7.0 License Code
Hi Chris

From version 2.7.0, the License code is used for different purpose and stored in different table (#__dms_order_documents table). The purpose of license code is that it allows you to manage license code for each document (you can got to Documents Seller -> Licenses to create license code). License will act as Serial number (or CD Key....) which customers need to enter to use your product (software in this case). I think this feature is only needed if you sell software. If you just sell normal files download, then no need to use this feature.

When customer purchase a document, the system will find from one of available license code for that document and will send to customers in confirmation email.

Hope my explanation is clear to you.

Tuan

• Christopher Masters
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #21124 by Christopher Masters
Replied by Christopher Masters on topic Re: Version 2.7.0 License Code
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for your help. I understand the purpose of the license code but since I upgraded the license code doesn't generate automatically and I can't create any in the "Licenses" area of the configuration. When I look in the database there is not a table that you said the new licenses are created in "#__dms_order_documents".

I upgraded from 2.6.7 on the site in question. I installed a clean version on my local server and the database contains a table "#__dms_licenses" it does not have the table "#__dms_order_documents". On the site in question, the database does not contain the table "#__dms_licenses".

More
11 years 6 months ago #21163 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Version 2.7.0 License Code
Hi

1. I am sorry. The table I named is wrong. It is not #__dms_order_documents table. The correct table is #__dms_order_item.

2. It seems the database table were not updated during the installation process. Could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can check and solve it for you ?

Regards,

Tuan