10th October 2019 - New version 1.16.0

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #128832 by Mr. Dam
The Edocman developer team are proud to announce the release of Edocman 1.16.0. This is a sixth release for the 1.16.x series of Edocman with big improvements.

Whats new in Edocman 1.16.0

1. Compatible Joomla 4 Alpha
Joomla Alpha 4 version 12 has been released, and now, you are able to use Edocman on Joomla Alpha 4 normally.

2. Remove Joomla deprecated functions
There are many Joomla deprecated classes and functions have been removed in this Edocman version.

3. Update Edocman Acymailing
We fixed the SQL issue when generating documents in Newsletter of Edocman AcyMailing plugin

4. Add Download Password
Now, when you edit document, you will able to enter Download Password, at frontend, user should enter correct Download password if they want to download documents at frontend side.

5. Improve User's documents layout - add filter option
From this version, user will able to filter their documents through Categories and Created dates

6. Remove file extension in document titles when using Batch Upload
Now, all documents uploaded through Batch Upload will not have file extensions anymore

7. Add document title automatically based on selected file
When you add document, you don't need to enter Document title because Edocman will use name of physical file for document titles

8. Add Empty documents in Category pages
Now, if category doesn't have any documents, the empty message will be shown

9. Import categories through CSV files
If you have quite a lot of categories, you can prepare the CSV files and import it into Edocman system. You just need to enter 2 columns in CSV file
  • Category Name
  • Owner ID (ID of Joomla user who own the category)

Thanks
Dev
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Mr. Dam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiona Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #128941 by Fiona Thomas
Replied by Fiona Thomas on topic 10th October 2019 - New version 1.16.0
Hello there,

Following on from point 4 above, I updated one of our site's PDF files yesterday. When I went to check on it from the front end of the site, there is no longer a download icon beside it and when I click on the file name itself on the front end to try and download it, it's looking for a password. I don't need any of the files password protected, so I'm wondering do I need to upload/edit my files differently to prevent this password option appearing for our users?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Fiona

• Mr. Dam
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 6 months ago #128942 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic 10th October 2019 - New version 1.16.0
Hi Fiona,
Please submit ticket and provide your site url with super admin account. I will check the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

More
4 years 6 months ago #128943 by Fiona Thomas
Replied by Fiona Thomas on topic 10th October 2019 - New version 1.16.0
Thanks Dam - I've submitted a ticket - I hope I've provided everything you need, but please let me know if not.

Many thanks,
Fiona

More
4 years 6 months ago #129034 by seaghan
Replied by seaghan on topic 10th October 2019 - New version 1.16.0
hi Dam,

to minimise your work - this is the same issue as I raised in ticket: www.joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html?view=ticket&id=93865

More
4 years 4 months ago #130782 by Howard White
Replied by Howard White on topic 10th October 2019 - New version 1.16.0
After importing categories as outlined in #9, I noticed none of the categories had aliases. How are those uploaded categories going to get them without having to go into the admin screen for each one and saving it?