Which shipping plugin?

• Martin Beaumont
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 week ago #163778 by Martin Beaumont
Which shipping plugin? was created by Martin Beaumont
Hi there
I'm putting together a store that sells books. Due to their size & weight differences I'm using a fixed price of shipping per book.
So book A might cost $10 but Book B might be $15 within Australia. That's no problem as I can set that within the Product Item settings.
If I wish to sell internationally (US, UK & NZ) then I'll need to add additional shippings costs.
I've setup 4 Geo Zones (AU, US, UK & NZ) but now I'm struggling to understand which shipping plugin I should use?
Ideally I can set the shipping prices at the Item level.  It seems like this is possible within the Item > Data tab - Shipping Cost Geo Zones
I've added geo_zone_id_1:14|geo_zone_id_2:35|geo_zone_id_3:20|geo_zone_id_4:18
However I'm using Flat Shipping and by default I get a $10 shipping price?
Should I be using another shipping method?
Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 1 week ago #163793 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Which shipping plugin?
Hello Martin,

Thank you for submitting the question here. In that case, you should use "Item Geozones Shipping" plugin to calculate shipping cost of item based on Geo Zone of Shipping Address.

You entered: "geo_zone_id_1:14|geo_zone_id_2:35|geo_zone_id_3:20|geo_zone_id_4:18" incorrectly. You must replace geo_zone_id by the real ID values of 4 Geo Zones (AU, US, UK & NZ).

Sincerely, Giang

• Martin Beaumont
  • Topic Author
More
3 months 1 week ago #163821 by Martin Beaumont
Replied by Martin Beaumont on topic Which shipping plugin?
Thanks Giang,

So by default I have one eshop_itemgeozones plugin and I notice that within the eshop_unzip_first_3.9.0.zip package I have selection of additional shipping plugins (duplicated-shipping-plugins) but I don't see more "itemgeozones" ones?

Do I need to duplicate the current plugin to allow me to configure each for AU, US, UK & NZ ?

thanks,

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 months 5 days ago #163896 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Which shipping plugin?
Hello Martin,

By default, this shipping plugin is used to calculate shipping cost of item for different Geo Zones. So you just need one Geo Zones shipping plugin.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong