No guest option through PayPal

• L. Wetzler
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #134788 by L. Wetzler
No guest option through PayPal was created by L. Wetzler
Hi,
When checkout directs you to Paypal for payment, no option to pay via Credit card or “guest option” is available. The only option is to login to paypal or create a paypal account.

I have made sure that the option is enabled within our Paypal account.

Is there an additional step I have to do in the Eshop configuration?

Their website says: “ With a Checkout custom-coded solution, there is an additional step:
Set SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole in your initial SetExpressCheckout API call.
If you’re using a third-party shopping cart, you’ll need to work with them or your developer to implement this variable.
As long as SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole is passed in the SetExpressCheckout API, Guest Checkout will be enabled.
In order for SOLUTIONTYPE=Sole to work, you must have PayPal Account Optional set to On within the PayPal account settings (see below).
Many third-party carts provide an Enable Guest Checkout option in the Administration view of their Checkout module.”

Without this option, the whole EShop system is useless to us. What are we not seeing here? I searched the documentation for this and I’m not seeing it. I also searched this forum.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• L. Wetzler
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #134799 by L. Wetzler
Replied by L. Wetzler on topic No guest option through PayPal
I think I fixed it. The Paypal mode was set to Test Mode. I switched it to Live mode, and the option presented itself.

In retrospect, it makes sense but please make a note of this in your documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong