Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Authorize.net

• Night Owl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25500 by Night Owl
Authorize.net was created by Night Owl
I am looking for an extension to allow me to accept donations using an Authorize.net gateway account. Can I do this with the base version of Joom Donation? Do I need any programming experience? Can I collect donator info, such as name, address, email?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25505 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Authorize.net
Hi

Yes. You can. It is very simple to setup. You can simply install the extension, create a menu item to link to donation page. Also, entering your authoirize.net account into Authorize.net payment plugin. After that, you will be ready to receive donation from your site visitors/users.

Tuan

• Night Owl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25519 by Night Owl
Replied by Night Owl on topic Re: Authorize.net
Wow! That was soooo easy! I got it all set up and tested in about 30 minutes. I've struggled with another gateway and trying to code my own interface for about 3 weeks! I have one question...is there any way to NOT include suggested amounts in the donation information (amount) section, and just have the field for the donor to input an amount?
Thank you.

• Night Owl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25522 by Night Owl
Oops, never mind...I figured it out...you just delete the sample amounts and leave the field blank! Love this extension!

More
11 years 2 months ago #25524 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For someone has the same questions about Pre-defined amounts, simply go to Joom Donation-> Configuration, find the config option "Pre-defined amounts", empty it (or maybe change it to meet your need) and It will works as expected.

@Deirdre: If it is possible, please spend few minutes to help me by giving my extension a 5 stars rating and a nice review at extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/donations/7094 to support my development :).

Tuan

• Night Owl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25525 by Night Owl
Will do...thank you!

• Night Owl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25557 by Night Owl
Sorry, one more question. I'm concerned that the JD donation form is not https, so I assume I need to turn on ssl? Is there security built into the extension (ie: is the user data encrypted), or is ssl necessary for these types of transactions and authorize.net. I'm not all that familiar with that side of things. Do most people use ssl with this extension and auth.net?

More
11 years 2 months ago #25582 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Deirdre

Yes. You should have an SSL certificate on your site if you are using a credit card based payment method. You can purchase an SSL certificate from your hosting provider.

Tuan

• Night Owl
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25766 by Night Owl
Sorry...one more question...if I want to use your extension, but not accept card info on my site (redirect to hosting server), do I need the SIM plug in for Auth.net? Will that allow me to still have campaigns, customization, etc... but redirect for the card processing? In this case, do I still need ssl?
Thank you....still trying to figure this all out.

More
11 years 2 months ago #25786 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I know you purchased the Authorize.net SIM payment plugin but I will post my answers here in case someone has same questions:

1. The authorize.net payment plugin comes with the extension used AIM method. That means users will be able to enter credit card information directly on your site for processing payment. They don't have to be redirected to Authorize.net. However, for this method, to make the transactions secure, you should have a SSL certificate installed on your site.

2. The authorize.net SIM payment plugin (which doesn't come with the extension by default) user Server Integration Method. Customers will be redirected to Authorize.net site to enter credit card for processing payment. In this case, all payments process happens on Authorize.net site, so you don't have to have a SSL certificate for your site.

Hope it is clear to you.

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laura Williams, Night Owl

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam