Please post all pre-sales questions of all products on this forum

Different Prices / Event Fields

• Laus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12580 by Laus
Different Prices / Event Fields was created by Laus
I have recently spent a couple of days attempting to get Event Bookings Pro to work on a training events website, but it will not do what is required so I am looking to change.

Can Event Booking do the following:

1. Allow me to format the Event Entry Fields so that others can follow and enter all the fields I specify. I don't mean extra fields on the registration process but on the Event Submission process itself?

2. Can it show 2 different prices for an event (Instead of a Group discount, members of the training association get a discounted rate for every place) ?

TIA!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #12585 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Different Prices / Event Fields
Hi

Thanks for your questions. Here are my answers :

1. Allow me to format the Event Entry Fields so that others can follow and enter all the fields I specify. I don't mean extra fields on the registration process but on the Event Submission process itself?

=> Yes, Event Booking allows you to create custom fields for events (not custom fields for registration form). You can enter information for these custom fields when you add/edit events and it will be displayed on event detail page .

2. Can it show 2 different prices for an event (Instead of a Group discount, members of the training association get a discounted rate for every place) ?

=> I don't really understand your question. Could you please explain more detail ?

Tuan

• Laus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12602 by Laus
Replied by Laus on topic Re: Different Prices / Event Fields
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your reply.

OK, I need to show 2 prices - one will be for members of the association (not necessarily members of the site) and one for non-members. There needs to be no verification of whether they are actually members, this will be checked manually after the booking is placed.

I am hoping I can change the "register (individual)" and "register(group)" buttons to "register (member)" and "register(non-member)" ?

• Laus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13035 by Laus
OK, the organisation I would like to use this for has two prices for every event.

1 price is for the public and the other price is for registered trade members, who get a £10 rebate on all event tbookings.

I have read about "Custom Field Fee" - can this be used to change the price once these trade members log in?

Really desparate for an answer on this before I continue, please help?

More
12 years 3 months ago #13049 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

If you are using latest version, you can use Member Discount feature to handle this !

Regards,

Tuan

• Laus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13065 by Laus
Thank you Tuan,

I would like to only apply this discount to a 'trade' usergroup rather than all registered members, is that possible?

More
12 years 3 months ago #13066 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry, it is not possible. However, we can do small customization for you to do that if you want. The price for doing that is 40$ and we need 1 day for the customization !

Regards,

Tuan

• Laus
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13099 by Laus
Thanks Tuan, that is very reasonable.

I have tried several extensions for bookings and have to say that yours is winning hands down at present for flexibility, so maybe I will get the site to a point were I can ask you to make some customisations.

I am however having a little difficulty finding where to add custom fields to my events, you said:

=> Yes, Event Booking allows you to create custom fields for events (not custom fields for registration form). You can enter information for these custom fields when you add/edit events and it will be displayed on event detail page .

But the custom fields in ther field management control panel only allow additions to the registration??? What am I doing wrong?

Moderators: Tuan Pham NgocGiang Dinh TruongMr. Dam