BLM Import

More
5 years 1 month ago #122201 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic BLM Import
Hi Mrjon,

I suppose the BML file has set fields/tags (so even if we have custom fields in our versions of OSProperty extra content could not be imported as it would have to be created in the source file?

Do you have the original sample files that you could share?

How does your current import process work with BML files? Is it done via ftp from the source application/website?

Yes, if there are more people interested we could club together. Is anyone else interested?

Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #122208 by mrjon
Replied by mrjon on topic BLM Import
The files (BLM file and images) are sent to a dedicated directory on my Joomla installation. This is sent from the Agent's software (in this case Vebra but they all work similar, I have a couple of other agents too using different systems).

A cronjob is set up too.

The data is pulled from this directory into OS Property mapping to the appropriate fields so you can manage it all with the OS Property component.

More
5 years 1 month ago #122252 by MelanieB
Replied by MelanieB on topic BLM Import
Hi Mrjon,

that is exactly what I need. What would having a native plugin give you that you don't already have?

I had a custom job done by Dam a year or so ago that does the same but xml files are already in OSProperty format. Basically a folder on the server where files are sent from some source via ftp and then imports properties. I don't use it because the source file would be in BML (an oversight on my part) so I need a script that converts it to the correct format after arrival in the folder. I think (would have to check) my original import script took in to account my custom fields as it was based on a exported version of my properties (using OS Export properties as xml).

Do you have a de-sensitised sample BML file as it would come from your source that you could share?

Moderators: Mr. Dam