Can one member buy a subscription for another member?

• James Pels
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136495 by James Pels
We have hit an edge case in testing - it affects only three out of 250 members but they are active and we do not want to change the club rules to accommodate them!

We have a variety of adult, junior and family memberships, each applying to sailing, other sports and non-sporting memberships. Normally, parents would buy a family membership to cover their children but we have some cases where a single parent, grand parent or similar joins with a child and it is cheaper to buy one adult and one child membership - the adult membership could be any of sailing, other sports or non-sporting.

Is it possible, without using a group membership, for one member / Joomla user to set up another membership for another person? I have tried purchasing two subscriptions from the same account (one adult in the parent's name, then a junior one in the child's name); the first one is set up as expected but then the second one just changes the adult's details in the Joomla account.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136586 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Can one member buy a subscription for another member?
Hi James

Sadly for this case, you would have to use group membership feature if you want to handle this requirement. That is the only way to handle this requirement for the moment

Tuan

• James Pels
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136991 by James Pels
Tank, Tuan.

Not perfect but not something that stops the system working for me. I'll just have everybody have their own account for now.

James.

More
3 years 8 months ago #136999 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Can one member buy a subscription for another member?
OK. Thanks James.