Active plan in PM custom field

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #159363 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Active plan in PM custom field
Hi Ernie

It is still not very clear to me how it should work. In Membership Pro, one user could subscribe for more than one subscription plans, thus having :

- Different Plan IDs
- Different Dates

So not sure what plan ID and what date will be passed to CB in this case ?

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #159369 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic Active plan in PM custom field
I don't know how many people actually have their sites set up to allow people to subscribe to two or more plans simultaneously, but I can't imagine that it's a lot.

The deciding factor would seem to be the latest date and the plan ID associated with that date.

So if someone is a member of two plans, Plan A, expiring on July 31, and Plan B, expiring on September 15 of the same year, the September 15 date and Plan ID would be passed. If someone is a member of one plan and later signs up for a second plan, the sync would change to that later plan expiration.

There might be an option in the Plug-in that allows it to be limited to a specific Category of plans, or only for selected Plan IDs so that only a desired group of plans is considered.

Most of my clients have one or two Membership levels, and three or four Sponsorship levels - I put the membership levels under a Membership category, and the sponsorship levels under a Sponsorship category. In my case, I only want to display the sponsors on the Community Builder list page, but not the members. For some clients, only the sponsors who are at a certain level or above get listed on that page - most of the settings that determine what shows are determined in the CB filtering and sorting settings for Lists.

I understand that such a module to sync these fields with a third party may not be needed by everyone, but those of us who need to have a way to pass the Plan ID and expiration date to another extension would definitely benefit from it.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #159385 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Active plan in PM custom field
Would be easier if you can submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account of your site

2. Tell me ID of the custom field in CB which you want to pass Plan ID to.

3. Tell me ID of the custom field in CB which you want to set subscription end date of the last subscription to

I will check and see how to develop a plugin to handle that

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #159426 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic Active plan in PM custom field
The basic version of Community Builder is free, so you can install it in your testing environment to see how it works.

Just create two new fields in Community Builder, make them non-editable and not visible to the end user, but set them so that they display in both the Filter and Sorting options of the CB Lists designer because that's where those fields will be used to create new lists based on the contents of those fields.

You don't need to create new Lists - you can test in the included default list. Any Users you create in Joomla will be replicated in Community Builder (it's asynchronous with the Joomla User table).

Thank you,
Ernie