Active plan in PM custom field

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #158069 by Roque
Active plan in PM custom field was created by Roque
Hi,

Is it possible to have a personalized MP field corresponding to the subscribed plan?
Then I would like to syncronize it to a credit card field to display it in a member list

Thank you for your insightful explanations.
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Roque.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158074 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Active plan in PM custom field
Hi Roque

Your question is not very clear to me. Could you please explain more details about your requirement so that I can understand and give you the answer ?

Tuan

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158076 by Roque
Replied by Roque on topic Active plan in PM custom field
hi tuan,
Sorry I use GG translation to express myself better..
In front, in the profile card of a subscriber (list of members columns layout) we can see the plan that the subscriber subscribes to (see the image)

Can we synchronize this field with a "CB" community builder field?
Merci

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158082 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Roque

We do not support this option, so a custom plugin would be needed and will cost you small fee if you really need it

However, what if users subscribed for two plans? How will this data should be synchronized ?

Tuan

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158092 by Roque
Replied by Roque on topic Active plan in PM custom field
Thank you Tuan for your reply.
actually the case with 2 planes is possible, I have no answer now. However, the need for this plugin is not absolut, but thanks for suggesting it.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158095 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Roque. Then please continue using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask us

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158130 by Ernie
Replied by Ernie on topic Active plan in PM custom field
I think Roque is asking for the same thing I'm looking for.

Community Builder List Features
I need to be able to sync the membership level and start/end dates from Membership Pro (MP) with custom fields I would create in Community Builder (CB).
If there were read-only fields for those in the Custom Fields list, then I believe they could then be linked to CB fields. When someone's MP status changed, the change would need to be reflected in the corresponding CB fields - for example, when the member renewed or upgraded.
The reason I need this is because of the highly-customizable List options in CB - it's very powerful and very attractive for displaying filtered lists in different formats because you can create an unlimited number of lists (I would have a list of Members available in one menu, a list of Sponsors with a different display that included their logo, a bio, and a link to their website, and for some clients, a list of subject-matter experts in their industry).
I believe it might be too much to ask that you try to duplicate the powerful CB Lists management into MP (at least in the short term), but it's the only reason I continue to need CB at this point.
Maybe Roque and I could share the cost of creating a custom plugin to do this?

See attached examples of the Lists I create in CB.   

Display Logos
In addition, my clients need to be able to display the logos of sponsors - some show them in a column in a module, and others show them in a rotating banner. The only thing I would need is for there to be way in MP to designate the folder for those sponsor images which could be different for each sponsorship level where customer-uploaded logos would be stored. Then the extension I use to display those logos will more "automatically" show them when they are added to an active account.
The only weakness in this idea is that when a sponsorship expires, the logo would somehow need to be removed from that folder - or otherwise excluded from being displayed.
  • Currently, to show the logos in a column, I just use an HTML module where I place the logos - a manual process that must be manually updated every time the sponsorships change.
  • To show the rotating banner, I currently use DJ Media Tools, which pulls the images from a selected folder.
Maybe the same custom plug-in could address this need at some level as well.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #159283 by Ernie
It's getting to be crunch time for me to find a resolution to this issue.

I either need a highly-customizable List display feature in MP that is like CB, or I need a way to sync relevant membership level and date fields between MP and CB so that I can use them as filters in CB's List display.

As you can see from the images I included in this thread, CB has the flexibility my clients require for displaying lists, but I cannot get anything close to that with MP.

Please advise as to what I can do.

Thank you,
Ernie

More
9 months 1 week ago #159313 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I haven't looked at CB Members List feature. But I think I won't have that implemented in any near future. So in your case, I would suggest to go with this direction:

need a way to sync relevant membership level and date fields between MP and CB

That would also require custom development, but looks like it is easier to implement than implementing CB Members List feature in Membership Pro

Tuan

More
9 months 1 week ago #159349 by Ernie
I don't know if it would be a plug-in or in what form it might take, but it seems the simplest path is to be able to dynamically get the plan ID and the current expiration date into the Custom Fields list so that matching fields could be created in Community Builder and connected asynchronously so that when the expiration date or plan ID changes in PM, the corresponding/linked field in CB will match.

I don't know if this solution would also meet Roque's needs (she originated this discussion), but a plug-in might be worthwhile to a lot of users, not only for CB - Maybe it could be used to apply discounts for those who also use Events Booking.

What would it cost to have this done?

Thank you,
Ernie