change php script during a membership

• Y. Rippon
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 1 week ago #157668 by Y. Rippon
change php script during a membership was created by Y. Rippon
Hi, I have a question : 
if I have a membership for 12 months
and at the 6th months, I change the php script code. Will it work with the new code ? 

Now, I use the php code to insert some credits into a table but I have to change the table, so I need to know if it will work or if I will have to cancel all memberships than create them again. If yes, it will be very annoying for me. 

Thanks a lot

Regards

Myann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #157677 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic change php script during a membership
Hi Myann

I don't really understand the problem, so I could not give you an exactly answer. Basically, the script will be run when the subscription created, active or expired (depend on what option you are using for your script)

So if you change the script, it will only affect new subscription records created after you changed your script. For existing subscriptions, it won't have any affect

Regards,

Tuan

• Y. Rippon
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #157875 by Y. Rippon
Replied by Y. Rippon on topic change php script during a membership
Hi, thank ou for your answer.
I'll explain myself better :

If I have a 12 month subscription, the component will create, each month, a new subscription of one month. Am I wrong ?
But this is the same subscription which is repeated 12 times.

I want to know that if I change the code even if I have active membership, between the 6th and the 7th month, will the rest of the membership be affected or not please ?

Because I will use another component for my appointements and I need the php script create my packages in the new component, not on the old one. I want it to make the change even if the customer's subscription has not expired.

Thank you so much

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #157883 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic change php script during a membership

I want to know that if I change the code even if I have active membership, between the 6th and the 7th month, will the rest of the membership be affected or not please

It will affect the rest of subscriptions. The reason is because the script is executed each time subscription is created/active and for your subscription, it is created every month as you figured out.

Hope it answers your question

Regards,

Tuan