PayPal Error - Things don't appear to be working at the moment

• Bilal Abdeen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #151652 by Bilal Abdeen
Hi, 

All of a sudden, I started getting the following error message when a customer tries to pay using PayPal. When using the sandbox account, it works fine. I am using Membership Pro Version 2.14.3. Has the code for PayPal changed in recent versions of Membership Pro, and does this make an upgrade mandatory? 

First, it displays a screen saying: 
Please, wait while redirecting.... 

Then, it displays a screen saying: 
Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later.

It is stuck on the screen above!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #151657 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1. You should always use latest version of the extension.

2. The error like this, usually happens because of wrong PayPal account or wrong plan settings. Sometime, it even happens if the PayPal account you entered (inside PayPal payment plugin or in side the plan setup has space characters at the beginning or the end)

Please try to check and solve it. If you cannot get it sorted, renew your subscription, upgrade to latest version and check it again. If it still does not work, submit a support ticket so that we can check it directly on your site for you (you need an active subscription to require supporting from us)

Tuan

• Bilal Abdeen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #151659 by Bilal Abdeen
Thanks. I have discovered the problem. We upgraded the PayPal account to a business one. It seems that the PayPal email is not enough to authenticate payments to business accounts. 

I could not find where in Membership Pro I can enter the API username, password & signature!? According to the documentation of the latest version of Membership Pro, there is an Advanced tab on the Membership Pro setup screen for PayPal. Is there a place to enter these API parameters for version 2.14.3? 
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Bilal Abdeen.

More
1 year 11 months ago #151660 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No, that's not supported in old version of Membership Pro. However, I would say API username, password & signature is not needed (It is there just to allow users to cancel subscription and admin to process refund for subscription)

So the issue must cause by something else. You might want to contact PayPal and ask them for the reason of the error

• Bilal Abdeen
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 11 months ago #151688 by Bilal Abdeen
I think you are right, the API parameters have nothing to do with the problem. 
When the PayPal account owner changed it from an individual account to a business one, he did not finish all the required steps, and consequently, payments were blocked. 
Thank you for your effort and time to help

More
1 year 11 months ago #151690 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK Bilal. Hope the issue with the account was sorted and it is working well for you again

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 2 months ago #156032 by Chris Elliott
I have seen this issue before and found that when setting up a plan with a very low price or a renewal value (probably less than £0.50), PP rejects the incoming request.

I tested this by setting the value to £10 and all went through fine.

Hope this helps.
C

More
1 year 2 months ago #156045 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Chis for sharing the experience. There could be other reasons cause this issue like entering PayPal account with space characters before or at the end...

So usually, we will have to check one by one or contact PayPal support if needed

Regards,

Tuan