Recurring payment setup

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #150313 by Stephen Daly
Recurring payment setup was created by Stephen Daly
Hi Tuan,

Just looking to understand the Membership Pro better and I am reading the documentation but I am getting confused on the recurring payment bit with what I'm reading.  As mentioned in other posts, I help run a kids football club and we are looking to use your Membership Pro, with Stripe, to allow parents to pay a monthly membership fee.

Requirement - The membership structure is that we charge £30 per month from September to May and then nothing for 3 months.  Then it starts again from September to May.

My recurring payment query - The documentation is clear that to use recurring payment, set it to yes in the radio button. However the 'Basic Information' also contains fields that I would presume are recurring related.

So should I have 'Subscription Length' set to 9 months (September to May requirement)?
I have an 'Expiry Date' of 31st May in case someone new joins in January for example.
I have 'Prorated Signup Cost' set to No as this would not be fair on a new starter who joins in January for example.
'Recurring Subscription' is set to yes.
'Number of Payments' is where I get confused, have I not already determined this in 'Subscription Length'?
If a new person joins in January, I don't expect the Plan to run from January for 9 months.

I guess my main question is what drives the number of payments of the plan?

My secondary question is if the plan expires at the end of May, how can I set it to renew from 1st September?  After thought. - should I start membership plan from 1st June with first three months free then it starts to charge from September? :)

Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Stephen Daly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago #150324 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring payment setup
Hello

1. Subscription Length should be set to 1 Month so that users will have to pay for it every month

2. Do not set Expired Date for the plan

3. You will have to use Number Payments in this case. It's number of months which users have to pay before the recurring payment stopped. For your case, Number Payments should be set to 8

However, it won't work exactly as you said:

1. Users can only subscribe from September in this case (otherwise, they will be charged every month from the date they subscribe

2. After 8 payments, the recurring subscription will be stopped and their subscription will be expired on May. So next year, September, they will have to subscribe again

Tuan

More
2 years 8 hours ago #151368 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Recurring payment setup
I actually do this exact setup, just like Tuan stated. We have 8 payments September through May. What I do is set a reminder to go in each month and reduce the number of payments. Currently it's set to 2 payments, so people can join at any time during the year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen Daly

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
11 months 2 weeks ago #158108 by Stephen Daly
Replied by Stephen Daly on topic Recurring payment setup
Thanks @lmkweb but I want to avoid manually processing as it's simply time consuming.

@Tuan - Could I setup a Plan A for 9 months for $30, that renews onto Plan B which is $0 for three months, that renews onto Plan C which is 9 months for $30, and on and on?

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #158494 by Stephen Daly
Bump (licence updated).

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 months 3 weeks ago #158497 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Stephen

Unfortunately, that's not possible. When we talk about renew, it is renew for the same plan, not renew from plan A to plan B.

Sadly, I do not see a way to handle the requirement properly in Membership Pro, sorry. Maybe the solution described by @LMKweb is the easiest option

Tuan

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago #159351 by Stephen Daly
Would it be possible to get a quote for the original requirements of a plan with 9 months on and 3 months off? I would be looking at readiness for May 2025 so not urgent.

I appreciate you could also do the development to make it admin/parameter driven in order to add extra functionality to the system and your customers.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 1 week ago #159365 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Stephen

That kind of recurring payment, from what I see, is not supported by any payment gateways. So I'm afraid of that could not be implemented

Regards,

Tuan

• Stephen Daly
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 1 week ago #159503 by Stephen Daly
But surely you could have Plan A that runs for 9 months at $10 per month and integrates with payment gateway, then renews onto Plan B for 3 months at $0 per month that requires no payment gateway interaction. At the end of Plan B then revert to Plan A?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 6 days ago #159507 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, it is not that simple. Maybe it would be possible to if a payment support suspends a subscription and restore it at a later time

But that is still too complicated to implement

Tuan