Question to subscription form

• Sven Kutz
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #139390 by Sven Kutz
Question to subscription form was created by Sven Kutz
Hi there,

I am using Membership Pro and have some questions in respect of the subscription form. I have tried to help myself finding answers by reading the documentation, which is very helpful, however, my very special questions are probably not daily questions...
  1. Within Subscription form there is a headline sentence: "Please enter information on the form below to process subscription for XXX".
    Is there any chance to translate this sentence into another language (e. G. German). I couldn't find this text passage in "Dashboard->Translation"
  2. What is happening with the datas of the subscription form? Will these datas only be used for subscriptions within Membership Pro or will these datas also be used to create a Joomla Core User? I assume that as long as "Registration Integration" is set to "no" these datas will not be used for any Joomla User Account. Ist this correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #139392 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Question to subscription form
Hello Sven

1. Go to Membership Pro -> Emails & Messages, find the message and change it to meet your need

2. Yes. If Registration integration is set to No, then the data won't be used to create user account. If Yes, then data will be used to create Joomla user account, too

BTW, if you don't create user account for user, how can they renew their subscription when it's expired?

Tuan

• Sven Kutz
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #139393 by Sven Kutz
Replied by Sven Kutz on topic Question to subscription form
Thanks Tuan, very helpful!

I actually do not need a manual renew of user subscription. I need an automatic renew in case the user does not cancel/stop the subscription 3 months before end of subscription at the latest.

Furthermore I am still a bit struggling with the system. I am of course using a users registration. Maybe you know the Joomla Extenstion "Fabrik", so I am using this one for my user registration.

I have come across another question. I have seen that first name and last name prepopulates in the fields within the subscription form. Is there anywhere a chance to get other fields also prepopulated with values? Where can I find the settings to change the prepopulation of values in the fields?

Thanks

Sven

More
3 years 5 months ago #139394 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Sven

Where can the system get data to populate subscription form?

Tuan

• Sven Kutz
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #139396 by Sven Kutz
When I am logged in on my website and click on one of the subscription plans, then the subscription form appears and my first name and last name is automatically shown in the form fields. That is what I mean with "prepopulate".

It seems there is anywhere a connection to the logged in user, so that the name of the logged in user appears as values in the fields first name and last name.

I wonder where I can change this or where I can do this for other fields as well.

edit: field email address appears as well.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Sven Kutz.

More
3 years 5 months ago #139400 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Sven

Yes, I understand. However, I would like to know where you want the system to get data from to populate?

For example, if you use Joomla custom fields (to allow entering more data for each user account), you can configure Membership Pro to get data from there to pre-populate the fields on subscription form. Using this plugin membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/integr...a-user-custom-fields

Tuan

• Sven Kutz
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 5 months ago #139402 by Sven Kutz
Ah, okay I understand.

As already mentioned, I am using the Joomla Extension Fabrik which is able to create registration forms and connect the form directly with Joomla user registration.

Fabrik creates an own MySQL table which stores user information of the registrations. So it would be really comfortable for me, if I could make an SQL query to collect the required user information of the logged in person and use those values for prepopulating.

Hope that clarifies what I mean.

More
3 years 5 months ago #139403 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Sven

It's not supported by the extension, unfortunately. You would have to write a plugin for Membership Pro to integrate with Fabrik if you want to use this feature

Tuan

• Sven Kutz
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 1 month ago #141749 by Sven Kutz
Hi Tuan,

unfortunately I have to come back to this one. As it is not possible to change prepopulation on an easy way, Is there any chance to suppress prepopulation then?

I have now come across the problem that in case a company name is saved in Joomla Profile (e. g. Tomato Inc.), then in the form appears as first name "Tomato" and as last name "Inc."

This is not usable for me so that I would like to suppress prepopulation and provide an empty form for registration. Is this possible?

More
3 years 1 month ago #141762 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Sven

Yes. If you want to stop pre-populating any fields, go to Membership Pro -> Custom Fields, click on that custom field to edit, set Populate Data From Previous Subscription to No

Then it should work as you want

Tuan