Plan Details

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #137968 by Peter Stummer
Plan Details was created by Peter Stummer
Hello,

I have a very important question regarding the setting up of the plan and I need your support.

1st case - monthly subscription with a contract duration of 6 months:
I would like to set the plan so that it lasts for 6 months and then automatically renews for 6 months if the subscriber has not canceled. Payment should be made monthly, i.e. X total should be debited every month.

For example:
1. The subscriber cancels the plan: He has to pay 20 € per month for 6 months and he cancels the subscription, so he pays monthly up to the 6th month and then the subscription is off.
2. The subscriber does not cancel the plan straight away: he pays € 20 per month and after 14 months he cancels the subscription, then he has to pay until the 18th month (1.5 years / 3x6 months) and then the subscription is over.

2nd case - annual payment with a contract term for one year:
Very similar to the first case, only the subscriber subscribes to the plan for one year and pays once a year. After that, it is automatically renewed for another year if the subscriber has not canceled.

For example:
1. The subscriber cancels the plan in the first year: He has to pay € 100 once and his subscription expires after 12 months.
2. The subscriber does not cancel the plan: he pays annually and after 20 months he cancels the subscription, then he has to pay up to 24 months (2 years / 2x12 months) and then the subscription is over.

My main question is how should the plan be defined?

Many thanks and best regards
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #137979 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Plan Details
Hi Peter

Unfortunately, no payment gateway can support that payment schedule, so it's not supported in Membership Pro. You can only setup a plan with the following settings:
- Subscription Length: 1 Month
- Recurring Subscription: Yes
- Price: The payment amount you want users to pay every month
- Number Payments: 6

With that payments will be processed every month in total 6 months (6 payments), then the the recurring subscription will be stopped and users will have to renew it again (it could not be renewed automatically after 6 months as you expect)

Same for annual payment plan.

Tuan

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #138005 by Peter Stummer
Replied by Peter Stummer on topic Plan Details
Thank you very much.

It's pity that the system cannot do it automatically, but now I came up with another idea.

My contractual agreements are as follows and I am looking for a solution for them:
The contract for the subscription to the use of our protected blog is concluded for a period of one year from the start of the contract, whereby this is always automatically extended for another year if it is not terminated two months before the end of the contract (1 year).

Can I do so that I set Payments Number to 0 (i.e. forever) and deactivate the subscriber so that he cannot cancel his subscription in the user profile. But if he wants to cancel the contract, he schould write to me and then I will manually deactivate his subscription at a time I set?

My idea is for example:
- He registered on October 1st, 2020
- There is no limit to the monthly amount debited
- He cancels the subscription by email on June 18, 2022. Because the cancel option is deactivated in the profile, he has to send the cancellation by email.
- I get the email and after checking the contract I realize that according to the contract, he still has to pay until October 1st, 2022.
- I set an expiry date in the system as October 1st, 2022 and the subscription will continue to be debited until then. His subscription will be terminated on the expiry date and no payments will be debited afterwards.

Is that possible?

I am sending the current settings in the attachment.
Attachments:

More
3 years 7 months ago #138020 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That should work but remember that you would have to cancel the recurring subscription manually (on the date his subscription expired) to avoid the system continue charging him

(Or cancel the recurring subscription after the last payment from him received)

Tuan

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138140 by Peter Stummer
Hello everyone,
hello Tuan

I activated my subscription system today. I use PayPal and Mollie. I was able to check PayPal for its functionality, as I received a response that a subscription was made and that the amount will be debited monthly. In my Mollie dashboard, I only see that the "first payment" was made, but I don't see that it will be made the next time it is due.

I am sending my settings in the attachment and please assure me that they have been set correctly and that I should not worry whether this will be debited in the next month or not.

Secondly. Germany lowered its sales tax from 19% to 16% by December 31, 2020. Now I have set the tax rate of 16%, but what happens to customers who are already registered after December 31, 2020 if I adjust the tax rate? Will these subscription payments also be made automatically with the increased tax?

Apart from that, can I increase my subscription prices in the future so that I can choose whether this should only apply to newly registered ones or to everyone (i.e. existing ones)?

Third. If I set 0 in the "Reminders Settings", does it mean that no reminder emails will be sent or that it will be sent on the expiration day? I don't want any plan on this one.

Fourth. I chose AcyMailing for our newsletter, based on your recommendation. It works great, but I have a problem with that. If the customer does NOT click on the "I want to subscribe for Newsleter" field, he will still receive a confirmation that he has registered and that he should activate himself. Laud GDPR, it is unfortunately not compliant with the law.

Fifth, I want to set a field for registration. This field should be a list where the customer can choose how he heard about us. I've already done that too. But is it possible that I create a field that is only displayed when the customer selects "Personal recommendation" from the list? So that the name of the referrer can then be entered?

I apologize for asking so many questions, but you offer so many great features and I've lost the thread a bit as you can see above.

Thank you :)
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #138144 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Peter

1. For the plan settings, it looks OK to me.

2. For the Mollie subscription, I'm unsure if it's properly registered with Mollie. You should submit a support ticket sending me super admin account of your site, tell me ID of your test subscription record using Mollie so that I can check it's data to see if it looks correct.

3. For Tax, if you adjust the Tax after December, it will only affect subscribers registered after that. For existing subscribers, they will still being charged the old tax (because the amount was registered with payment gateway at the time users subscribe for the plan and could not be changed).

4. If you change the price in the future, it will only affect new subscribers, not existing subscribers

5. Exactly what is the email you are talking about? Maybe it's the email sending to user to inform them about new user account? If so, it's OK and unrelated to ACYMailing

6. If I understand correctly, you can handle it using custom field dependency options, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...tional-custom-fields

Regards,

Tuan

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138145 by Peter Stummer
Thank you for your answer, Tuan!

2. We tested with the Mollie Test API and everything went well. My only question is whether I have to add something or whether it will be automatically debited every month. I have selected "Sofortüberweisung" and this is my first payment. After that, the debit should be made via SEPA mandate, I also activated SEPA in Mollie.

3. And is there no other option or what should I do with the registered customer? Because it is not legally allowed to charge a different tax rate. Is there no solution?

This is also very important for me, because I am currently a small business owner (not subject to VAT), but in 2 years I will probably have to charge 20% and then I have a problem with all of the subscribers who are already registered (around 250).

4. This is the email from ACYMailing with the activation link for the newsletter. And this mail is also sent if the customer does not select the option "I would like to receive the newsletter" when registering. So instead of opting in, it's opting out. According to the GDPR, this is not allowed.

best regards

More
3 years 6 months ago #138161 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Peter

2. I will have to check to make sure the recurring subscription properly generated with Mollie. Maybe you can click on the subscription record to edit, check and make sure there is data stored for Subscription ID field of the subscription? If there is data for that field, then recurring subscription properly registered with Mollie and it will work well. If not, there is still something wrong

3. There is no solution, except from Membership Pro. Maybe you can check with Mollie to see if they allow editing subscription to change recurring payment amount from within Mollie? If Yes, then it's good. If no, then we won't have any solution

4. If users do not check on the checkbox, then Membership Pro does not add users to ACYMailing. I am thinking that maybe ACYMailing has a plugin to add users to ACYMailing themself when new user account created? You can try to register (via Joomla core user registration for example) to see if you got that same kind of email? If Yes, then it's something from ACYMailing

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Stummer

• Peter Stummer
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #138331 by Peter Stummer
Dear Tuan, I would like to return to my problem and ask for your support.

The system does not allow the prices to change is not yet a problem, but if the tax changes I have to state this accordingly on the invoice. Because the system accesses the master data (i.e. the old tax rate) when creating the invoices (monthly), I have to adjust the display accordingly.

I talked to my tax advisor and he said that the invoices up to € 400 do not have to show a tax rate or tax amount, I can only state the gross amount.

This setting must be adjusted in the subscription form (see attachment) and in subscription details in the mail (the same as in the subscription form). Can you please help me how I can change that?

best regards
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #138348 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Peter

So you want to remove the amount information on subscription form? Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and link to that page

My support staff can help with this modification

Tuan