MembershipPro - Payment plugin to add one more field to Subscription Plan

• VietHoang
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #135940 by VietHoang
Hi admin,

I'm a newbie for Joomla + MembershipPro. I want to develop a payment plugin for Membership Pro using Stripe Connect payment gateway (which you are still does not support now).

I created a Membership Pro Payment Plugin follow the document at: membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/develo...n/dev-payment-plugin

However, I want to add 1 more field in the Subscription Plan setting page. So, I created another Membership Pro normal plugin follow the document at: membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/develo...mentation/dev-plugin

But, I don't know how to do them in just 1 plugin.

Could you please give some help in this case? some suggestions or documents, anything can help.

Many thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Richard
  • I am a freelance web developer
More
3 years 8 months ago #135942 by Richard
Hi Tuan,

I'd be interested in this too. I will be glad if I can be able to create a custom field in the plan edit page.

Something like the Paypal Email field that I can easily retrieve in the payment plugin using the sample code below.

$rowPlan = OSMembershipHelperDatabase::getPlan($row->plan_id);

$rowPlan->my_custom_field;

Please, I need this info too in order to add recurring payment ability to one of my existing payment plugin.

Regards,
Richard

--

More
3 years 8 months ago #135955 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi both

Unfortunately, there is no way to handle it using a single plugin. Maybe the simplest way would be adding file default_custom_settings.php to folder administrator/components/com_osmembership/view/plan/tmpl and add the fields you want there

Otherwise, you will need to add a second plugin to add the fields you want to plan setup

Tuan

• Richard
More
3 years 8 months ago #135971 by Richard
@Tuan,

As usual, thanks for your response.

However, I would like to ask, would the system automatically pick up the extra field(s) provided in the default_custom_settings.php file?

Secondly, would I still be able to fetch the field content using the method described in my previous comment in my payment plugin?

Regards,
Rich

• Richard
More
3 years 8 months ago #136050 by Richard
Hi Tuan,

It seems I have hijacked this topic. I'm sorry about that, but in anyway, we're all learning.

Back to the topic, I have followed your instruction to create a default_custom_settings.php file in administrator/components/com_osmembership/view/plan/tmpl, but the problem I'm having is that the custom fields do appear on the plan edit page but they don't save when I save the plan.

The changes I make to the custom settings before saving will always get lost.

When I do var_dump($this->item) in the frontend plan template, I don't see my custom settings anywhere in the output.

Attached is the code I have in the default_custom_settings.php file.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get the custom settings working.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Rich
---
Attachments:

More
3 years 8 months ago #136077 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Richard

You need to add the fields you want to store data for these fields into #__osmemembership_plans table (name of the fields must be the same with name of the input) and the entered data should be stored automatically

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 8 months ago #136079 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
BTW, please remove the link/advertisement you added to your signature. We do not allow advertisement / back links on our website

Hope you understand

Tuan

• VietHoang
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #136165 by VietHoang
Hi Tuan,

How can I add a field to the database table with a Membership Pro Payment plugin?

Thanks,

Viet

More
3 years 8 months ago #136167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Viet

Exactly what fields you want to add? If it's not complicated, I would suggest you to store data of these fields params field in #__osmembership_plans table. That field store some extra data (could be added by plugins) in json format. You can have a look at plugins/osmembership/joomlagroups/joomlagroups.php, method onAfterSaveSubscriptionPlan to see how we use that fields to get and store data for Joomla groups plugin

Tuan

• Richard
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #136286 by Richard
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for your response.

I just want to save and retrieve the extra fields I specified in the default_custom_settings.php file in administrator/components/com_osmembership/view/plan/tmpl.

Please, can you guide me, step by step, on how to achieve the above. Do I need to write a new plugin for that.

Edited
Sorry, I have been able to get it working after I created the needed custom fields in the #__osmembership_plans database table

However, will an update affect this, I mean the extra database columns?

Regards,
Richard
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Richard.