Quick question regarding user ability to cancel

• interstorm69
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #135492 by interstorm69
First off, thanks again for all your help -- love the extension.

I'd like to confirm something -- I had thought I had read that the standard Paypal offering (not Paypal Pro) doesn't give an API that os_paypal can use to allow one to cancel a reoccurring subscription. I had checked the documentation but I cannot find where I saw that. So, looking for you to confirm:

1) That standard Paypal won't allow a user to cancel
2) That the (standard) Stripe plugin WILL present a user with the ability to cancel

I am good with all the features of the standard Paypay including the reoccurring feature (I had a question on that which you previously confirmed). Instead of having some manual operation to cancel Paypal, however, if Stripe is easier I would prefer to go that route. If the standard Stripe offering doesn't have that, I'd appreciate any thoughts you have on how one typically will cancel with Paypal (no Paypal Pro).

Thanks again for everything!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #135508 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Quick question regarding user ability to cancel
Hi

That's actually not valid anymore. We now allow users to cancel their recurring subscription, even if they are using PayPal. But you will need to configure advanced parameters, see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...al#advanced-settings for detailed instructions

Regards,

Tuan

• interstorm69
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #135562 by interstorm69
Replied by interstorm69 on topic Quick question regarding user ability to cancel
Thank you, Tuan. I had the advanced parameters set using the (standard) Paypal API user / password / signature however I do not see a mechanism to allow the user to cancel the membership. I'm currently displaying the membership status module and also looked at a handful of different menu options. Would you please be able to point me in the direction of the correct feature within Membership Pro that I'll need to expose to the end user in order to allow them to cancel (I assume this would be something like the membership status module which tells them what their current plan is but also allows them to stop renewing).

Thanks again!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago #135566 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Quick question regarding user ability to cancel
Hello

Users will need to login, access to his user profile and cancel subscription from there. See membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/subscr...curring-subscription

Tuan

• interstorm69
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #135569 by interstorm69
Replied by interstorm69 on topic Quick question regarding user ability to cancel
Thanks for your quick reply -- very much appreciated. I can see the cancel option on the profile menu item within the 'My Subscriptions' tab. Question -- my site makes use of some custom options for the profile area (custom user form to get additional information about the user) that won't be displayed if I use the Membership Pro profile. Would it be possible for me to use the "Membership Pro View Module" with the view set as "Membership Profile" but include something within the query string to ONLY show the "My Subscriptions" tab (which has the cancel button)? By doing something like that I could embed the subscription view / cancellation within my current (custom) profile area.

Any thoughts you might have would be great. Thanks again!

• interstorm69
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #135571 by interstorm69
Also -- just as an alternative -- any way for me to show the Member Profile module while HIDING the standard Joomla profile items (user name / password reset) would be sufficient as well.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 9 months ago #135578 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Yes, there is a way to setup it, but it needs a clever setup:

1. Create a hidden menu item to link to user profile. In that menu item, configure it so that only My Subscriptions tab are being displayed. Remember ID of that menu item

2. In the MP View module, set:

- View parameter to User Profile
- In Query String parameter, set Itemid=ID_OF_HIDDEN_MENU_ITEM

Then check the result. It should work

Regards,

Tuan

• interstorm69
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #135585 by interstorm69
That works perfectly -- thanks again!