User email and Subscription approved email sent at same time at sign up

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #130445 by Nina Mårtensson
When a user sign up for a plan (I have only tested offline payment method) User email and Subscription approved email are both being sent. I expected the User email to be sent but not the Subscription approved. The subscription has status pending as it's an offline payment so why is the Subscription approved email being sent as well? Shouldn't that be sent when the status is changed from pending to active?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #130465 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Nina

It is strange to me, too. As you figured out, the subscription approved email should only be sent when admin changes subscription status from Pending to Active

In this case, we will have to check it directly on your site to see what's causing the issue and get it sorted. Please submit a support ticket sending us:

- Super admin account of your site
- Link to the subscription form

We will check to see why that strange issue happens and get it corrected

Tuan

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #130474 by Nina Mårtensson
Hi,
I updated to latest version and the problem seems to have disappeared. I'll monitor it and see if if the problem is completely gone.

On another matter, is it possible to add custom tags to emails? I would like to add a custom tag to the confirmation email sent to offline payment users. I've read the documentation about overriding code customization and maybe I can use an ovveride to accomplish this? And I would also like to set a different email subject to the offline payment user confirmation.

Nina

More
4 years 4 months ago #130482 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

1. What custom tags you want to insert? Please give me more information so that I can understand and give you the answer

2. We do not support different email subject to offline payment user confirmation

Tuan

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #130490 by Nina Mårtensson
Hi!
I would like to include a referens number that is a luhn calculation of the customers membership id. (I already have a class ready for the luhn calculation). My question is can I do this and where do I put the luhn class and create the new tag? And if the customer is completely new does the membership id even exist yet? (thinking of your answer for my other topic on membership id).
/Nina

More
4 years 4 months ago #130507 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Nina

If you want to support new tag, try to modify code in the file components/com_osmembership/helper/helper.php , method buildTags

In that method, you can access to membership id via $row->membership_id;

Not sure what you need but you will have to modify code, then check to see if it works for your need

Tuan

• Nina Mårtensson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #130513 by Nina Mårtensson
Hi,
I'll check it out. Thank you for being so helpful and kind!
Best regards,
Nina

More
3 years 6 months ago #138117 by Torborg
Nina, did you manage this? I need the same and I'm curious how you did it.

More
3 years 6 months ago #138125 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Torborg: Exactly what you are trying to do? Please let us know so that we can see if we can assist

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #138183 by Torborg
On the offline invoice I would like a code. In Norway we call it a KID or a OCR code. OCR because it is read by the bank and I get a file back from the bank. A file with a list of the persons that have paid. The KID I use now, with our local member database, is with 6 digits. 4 digits is the member ID. 5th is the year (0 for this year) and the last digit is a control digit. This is the digit that shall be calculated with what Nina calls a luhn calculation. The calculation is in modulus 10. In my local MS Access database I have this calculation in scrip.
When a new member registers and choose offline payment, he gets a member ID and an invoice. Nina askes if this type of code, based on the members ID, can be added at the same invoice, And I'm interested in the same :-)
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Torborg.