• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #55361 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Membership Pro 1.6.8 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear ALL

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Membership Pro, version 1.6.8. In this new version :

1. I improved Tax feature to fully support EU VAT Rules. If you are from EU, you should update to this version and setup the Tax Rules to meet the EU rules. See joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/45...pro-1-6-8.html#54937 and joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/45....html?start=20#55240 to know how to setup. I will make an offical documentation for it soon.

2. I added an option to allow showing price of subscription plan including tax.

3. Allow reset invoice number in the new year.

4. Added access field for custom field. So now, you can create some custom fields and assign it to the access levels you want (by default, it is Public access level). It is useful when you want to create some fields to enter data which only super admin can access to it for example (you can set access property of the custom field to Special in this case)

5. Improve codebase so that we can add support for more extensions like easy social, Joom Profile... in the next release (like how we support Community Builder and Jomsocial at the moment)

6. Fixed some small bugs

If you want to upgrade to this new version, simply login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version and upgrade it to your site

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #55363 by Gabriel
Replied by Gabriel on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
both links are pointing to same post... then your post to 'SETUP' is not published here... please, patch your head post accordingly!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55364 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
Thanks Gabriel. It looks fine for me here. However, my internet connection is really slow here and I could not check it right away

Will try to check it when the connection is better (Hopefully it will be later today)

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #55634 by John O Connor
Replied by John O Connor on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
I must say the way you have implemented the facility for EU Tax is very bad.

What your saying is for each Plan created you will have to create a Tax rate for each Country in the EU for that particular plan. This is ridiculous and bad coding.

The simple way you should done it is as follows.
In the backend >> Countries you simply add a Tax rate for each
EAXAMPLE
IRELAND - TAX 23
HUNGARY - TAX27

Then at checkout the calculation is done to determine what TAX is applied depending on country.

COUNTRY should be determined by users IP and automatically displayed in country field (user should not be able to edit this field)

EXAMPLE PSEUDO CODE FOR TAX CALCULATION
if COUNTRY = IRELAND then GROSS TOTAL = PLAN PRICE + (PLAN PRICE * IRELAND TAX RATE)
Simple.

This software has being buggy from Day 1 and this really adds to the issues.
1: 2Checkout payment facility never functioned properly.
2: Why did it create a TAX rate of 10% for each of my existing plans?
2: After installing your latest update with the so called TAX features it completely messed up my current install of Membership Pro and as a result I had to do a full site restore.

I would highly recommend to anyone contemplating using this software to look else where. I requested the TAX facility to be added over 3 months ago and it should have being tried and tested and released before Jan1st (This is the start date of MOSS Vat in EU). Leaving it to the last minute and fobbing us off with stupid excuses as usual Tuan. Its just not good enough and neither is your software.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55648 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi John

Who said you have to create a tax rate for each plan for all countries ? We have a built-in script to create tax rates for you automatically.

I will explain more details when I come to office (my internet connection is very bad at home).

Don't agree and wait for my explanation

Tuan

More
9 years 4 months ago #55890 by John O Connor
Replied by John O Connor on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
Hello Tuan,

I would like to apologies for my previous post (please delete).
You done a good job with the tax rates feature and I now have it implemented. I had one issue with using the different views and this was being caused by joomsef component.

Thanks,
John O Connor.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 4 months ago #55922 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
No problem John :).

More
9 years 3 months ago #57044 by Sigrid
Replied by Sigrid on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
Dear Tuan,
if I log in and go to "my Downloads" there are no files. What is the problem?
Thanks
Sigrid

More
9 years 3 months ago #57187 by ken adcock
Replied by ken adcock on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
I currently have version 1.6.5. Is there a changelog to show what new features are available if I get the new version? I thought I saw someone post that you can now create a link to a list of subscribers. Is that a new option? I did not see that in my version.

• anthon keuchenius
More
9 years 2 months ago #58236 by anthon keuchenius
Replied by anthon keuchenius on topic Membership Pro 1.6.8 released
Hi Tuan,

The tax improvement works well, in all plans tax is added beforehand so the actual price shown is the end price for cinsumers, as required in the EU. However this does not seem to work for the upgrades. If someone upgrades from a short subscription to a longer subscription tax is still added afterwards. Can you fix that too?

Thanks,
Hillridge