Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options

• Craig Steinberg
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #33454 by Craig Steinberg
Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options was created by Craig Steinberg
I've added three fields to the subscription page using the Custom Fields page.

Following the instructions at www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/joom.../enable-user-profile I've added those three fields to the Joomla User Profile data.

I want to map the new custom fields to the new user profile fields.

But, on the Cutsom Fields page, when you select one of the new fields, those three new Joomla user profile fields don't appear in the options/list box for mapping those newly created Membership Pro fields to the newly created Joomla User Profile fields.

Is there a way to get the list box to show the newly created Joomla user profile fields? I think the problem must be that the new fields are actually created by creating a new user profile plugin in order to avoid overwriting the changes to the Joomla plug in during an update. So, what's really needed, most likely, is to be able to tell the Membership Pro code to look at the new plugin instead of the old one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #33484 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options
Hi Craig

I am sorry but at the moment, it doesn't allow you to map the extra custom fields which you created, only basic fields created by default Joomla Profile plugin.

However, if it is possible, please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site. I will check to see how you setup it and add support for this feature. Will that be Ok ?

Tuan

• Craig Steinberg
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #33503 by Craig Steinberg
Replied by Craig Steinberg on topic Re: Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options
I'll do that as soon as I get a chance.

But, it seems the easy thing would be just to find (or tell me) where in the Membership Pro code it finds the PROFILE plugin, and I can then change the name there to the name of the new plugin I created (called PROFILE10) that has extra fields. I assume that Membership Pro reads the fields from the profile plugin, unless you "hard coded" them in. If that's the case, then perhaps just where those are coded in and I could add the new fields manually.

Craig

p.s. the reason for copying the profile plugin to profile10, then modifying and activating that copy, is to avoid the changes/addition of new fields being overwritten in a Joomla update, since the profile plugin is a core Joomla plugin.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33549 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options
Hi Craig

Yes, at the moment, the fields for profile plugin is hardcoded. I will need to spend more time to see how it works so that it can be dynamic coded.

You can look at the file administrator/components/com_osmembership/views/field/view.html.php to see how I add the fields. That should be the first step !

Tuan

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44452 by FX Pro Design
Replied by FX Pro Design on topic Re: Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options
Has this been resolved yet? as if you use one of the Core Fields and map it you are unable to set it to 1 plan only, for some reason if you want to hide a Core field from one of you plans it still shows. If you re-open the field to check allocation of plan it always reverts back to All Plans

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44485 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

At the moment, core fields must be assigned to all subscription plans. If you don't want, maybe you can unpublish the field, and then create a new custom field ans assign it to the plan you want ? (the new field should have the same title with the old core field).

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44512 by FX Pro Design
Replied by FX Pro Design on topic Re: Modifying Joomla Profile Field Mapping options
ill try that thanks

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #44533 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Please try that and let me know if you need any assistance !

Regards,

Tuan

More
10 years 1 week ago #44774 by FX Pro Design
No that didnt work for me..... totally lost (this should really be a mandatory function considering what the component does. please consider this...

Is there any way you can access the site and add this for me

More
10 years 1 week ago #44809 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I am afraid of I could not modify the component to add this feature for you. I will spend the time to think about this feature to see whether we can add this feature to the core download package (and will it causes any problem with the extension or not).

If it won't cause any issue, I will add support for it to the core download package. But it will take us about 3 days to get it implemented into the extension.

So hope you can wait for us !

Tuan