Assign Usergroup to Membership/Subscription Plan

• FiG Advertising
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 5 months ago #22990 by FiG Advertising
Assign Usergroup to Membership/Subscription Plan was created by FiG Advertising
Hello Tuan,

Congratulations on the healthy birth of your son!

I have a question/feature request. Is it possible to make it so that when a user subscribes to a plan, that the subscription has an associated user group? In this way, content per subscription level can be managed through user group assignments.

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #22999 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Assign Usergroup to Membership/Subscription Plan
Hi

Yes. You can simply use Joomla Users Group plugin comes with the extension. Did you publish that plugin ?

Tuan

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #23169 by Mick Graham
I have the Groups plugin Enabled and I have a new Joomla Group called SB Member but it is not automatically assigned when the user subscribes. I do have the group selected in the Plan.

Any ideas?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Mick Graham. Reason: mis spelled sb member

More
11 years 4 months ago #23182 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Assign Usergroup to Membership/Subscription Plan
What payment method you are using ? Does the status of the subscriber set to Active after he completed his subscription ?

Tuan

More
11 years 4 months ago #23187 by Mick Graham
Hi

Im not sure if it was a cache problem or a naming problem but I changed the group name to SBMember removing the space and it now works perfectly.

rgds
Mick

More
11 years 4 months ago #23274 by Davood Dehnavifar
Replied by Davood Dehnavifar on topic Re: Assign Usergroup to Membership/Subscription Plan
Hi there,
I am having a problem finding the aforementioned Groups module, are you referring to the User Groups module that is built into Joomla, if not could you please direct me to where I can get it.

I am trying to do something similar to what Mick was trying to do and I have my joomla group created that I want to use for my subscribers but I can not figure out how to have it automatically assign them to the joomla group I created rather than the default registered group.

More
11 years 4 months ago #23357 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Davood

You can go to Extensions -> Plugins Manager, find and publish the OS Membership - Joomla Groups plugin, publish it. After that, when you create/edit a subscription plan, you will be able to assign subscribers of that subscription plan to the Joomla groups you want. Could you please try and get back to us with the result ?

Tuan

More
11 years 4 months ago #23583 by Davood Dehnavifar
Replied by Davood Dehnavifar on topic Re: Assign Usergroup to Membership/Subscription Plan
Your suggestion does not seem to be working for me.

That said, I am having other issues with my site that could be causing this to not work correctly, I will get back to you within 24 hours to let you know if I figured it out or not.

More
11 years 4 months ago #23606 by Davood Dehnavifar
Yeah, the members signing up do not seem to be geting assigned to the correct group according to the settings I have set per the instructions you provided.

More
11 years 4 months ago #23643 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Davood

I believe it works well for me and for other customers, so maybe there is something wrong with your settings. Please note the subscribers can only be assigned to the groups when their subscription activated (he completed payment for the subscription if it is a paid subscription plan). Could you please check ?

Maybe you can submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and solve the issue for you.

Regards,

Tuan