Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #151891 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships
I REALLY need ths feature too

We will use this for Tickets to a physical space at a specific time & date chosen by the user.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• StreetSportService
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #151892 by StreetSportService
Replied by StreetSportService on topic Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships
To Tuans question:

..a one time subscribtion would be fine in this use case with customers chosen the start date & time of the subscription.

More
1 year 10 months ago #152016 by Ewan McNab
We too would like this feature to allow setting a membership year (or other period) between dates x and y.

We have only just started using Membership Pro and haven't gone live yet, but in terms of recurring subscriptions maybe only allow recurring subscription if the admin has set fixed dates and possibly even only allow if the subscription period is fixed to 1 year to make it easier.

But having option to set a start/end date but not have a recurring option would be fine for us as it would be easy enough to create new plan each year if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #152140 by Seán Ó Séaghdha
Replied by Seán Ó Séaghdha on topic Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships
It’s very common for clubs and societies to work this way, with a fixed yearly membership.  There are probably many reasons, but I’d guess that it makes financial reporting & annual reports about membership easier and could be a way of ensuring that members are renewed before an annual general meeting.

I use Membership Pro with one group who used fixed year and one who’ve moved to 1-year-from-signup and from an admin perspective I think it’s actually a lot easier to just let members renew their memberships throughout the year.  You don’t get a sudden rush of queries about the system at the end of the year for one thing!

But there are groups who will not or cannot easily change, and for things like Term fees, the period is inherently limited and I have to resort to only allowing the plan to publish just before the term starts.  So this feature would be very useful. 
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Seán Ó Séaghdha.

More
1 year 9 months ago #152586 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships
Hello

In the next release, I will allow control custom subscription start date for each subscription plan. For each plan, there will be a new setting called Subscription Start Date Option to control how subscription start date will be calculated:

- Register Date : Default behavior. Works exactly as how it is at the moment
- Fixed Date: In this case, you can select a fixed subscription start date for the plan and all subscriptions of that plan will be started on that fixed date
- Determine By Customer: In this case, you will need to create a Date custom field to allow users to select the start date for their subscription. Mean each subscription can have it own start date

However, there are still have some limitation with current implementation:
- It only support onetime subscription
- The active event trigger will still be triggered at the time users make payment, so users will be assigned to Joomla User Groups... at the time they subscribe and make payment, not at the custom subscription start date. We can improve it in the future if needed, but it is quite complicated and will require setup cron job to trigger system plugin to trigger the proce.

If anyone wants to try this new option and give us feedback, please submit a support ticket asking me for sending the new version for use

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: LMKweb, David Unwin

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #152587 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
I would be happy to test this as we are in a period where we are not taking memberships. I send you a support ticket.
David

More
1 year 9 months ago #152588 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships
OK. Thanks David

More
1 year 9 months ago #152595 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Just for your information, the limitation which I mentioned earlier is also addressed:

The active event trigger will still be triggered at the time users make payment, so users will be assigned to Joomla User Groups... at the time they subscribe and make payment, not at the custom subscription start date. We can improve it in the future if needed, but it is quite complicated and will require setup cron job to trigger system plugin to trigger the process.

I were able to complete this feature implementation and will include it in next release of the extension. Here is link to detailed documentation membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...scription-start-date

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Colls

More
1 year 9 months ago #152598 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic Provide ability to specify Start Date for memberships
Thank you Tuan, this sounds like an excellent implementation and an good addition to the already great features of membership pro.

After reading the Docs on this would you be able to confirm that when the new plugin (Trigger Action event) is enabled, the onMembershipActive is NOT triggered upon initial signups for plans using the new option? And is run for Plans with the default register date?

e.g
Plan 1 - Customer selected or Fixed date, will not have onMembershipActive triggered when the new plugin is enabled. But will check each day and then fire it when date met.
Plan 2 - Register Date, will have onMembershipActive triggered when the new plugin is enabled (immediately as currently).

More
1 year 9 months ago #152599 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jonathan

Yes. Exactly as you said. It will only affect plans with the option set to Fixed Date or Determined by customer

For plan with the option set to Register Date (default), the onMembershipActive event will be triggered immediately

If the plugin is not enabled, the onMembershipActive event will be triggered immediately for both all kind of plans

I think that's the best option

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Colls