Email template override not working as expected

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140331 by Karen Griffin
Hi-

I created an override for the email template where I have conditional statements based on plan id. It works fine for admin emails, but the changes are not being picked up for user emails. Not sure why? Is there another template that needs to be overridden for user emails?

Thanks.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Karen Griffin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140339 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Email template override not working as expected
Hello

Both admin email and subscriber email used the same email template. Exactly what is the file you changed? And when the email is sent?

Tuan

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #140388 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic Email template override not working as expected
Hi Tuan-

That is what I thought, which is why I am perplexed.

I changed email.php in emailtemplates. It is placed inside the html directory within my theme.

The emails with subscription details are sent to the admin when the user first signs up for a membership or donates (I have one subscription that has a zero duration for donations), whether they have paid online or selected to pay offline. The user receives full subscription details once their membership/donation has been paid, which means as soon as their online payment is processed or upon approval for offline payments.

For testing purposes, I am using offline payments. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why admin emails show the changes and not the user emails. I have attached the file with my changes as a zip file. 

File Attachment:

File Name: email.zip
File Size:2 KB

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Karen Griffin.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140394 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Email template override not working as expected
Hello

For the subscription approved email, it is sent when you publish the record from backend, mean the override will also have to be added to backend template

So put that file to administrator/templates/isis/html/emailtemplates folder and it should be fine

Tuan

• Karen Griffin
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #140524 by Karen Griffin
Replied by Karen Griffin on topic Email template override not working as expected
Beautiful. That worked. However, I did have to change the directory path to:

administrator/templates/isis/html/com_osmembership/emailtemplates

More
3 years 3 months ago #140538 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Ah, Yes. That's correct place.

Tuan