Today, I am happy to announce new version of Membership Pro 3.3.0
with the following improvements:
1. PHP 8.2 Compatible
- Changes implemented to the extension to make sure it works well with PHP 8.2. So Membership Pro works well with PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2
- We also updated our Omnipay payment processing library to latest version (Omnipay 3). This libraries is used by some payment plugins. With this update, all payment plugins will compatible with PHP 8 out of the box. Note that if you use PHP 7.2+, these payment plugins will still work well.
- We also plan to raise PHP minimum requirement to PHP 7.4 in near future. So if you are using PHP older than 7.4, a warning will be displayed so that you know about it. You can turn of this warning if you want from Configuration of the extension.
2. Improve Custom Fields
Various improvements are made to custom fields in this release to make it even more powerful:
- Allow showing fee value associated with each custom fee field (in invoice, email messages) using syntax [FIELD_NAME_FEE_VALUE] . For example, if you have a custom fee field with name membership_option
, you can use the tag [MEMBERSHIP_OPTION_FEE_VALUE]
to show the fee value from that custom field.
- Add Synchronize Data
setting to each custom field. If set to Yes, when data for that field is updated for a subscription record of certain users, it will be updated to all subscriptions records of that user.
- When admin update value of a custom field which has options associated with user groups, the user groups for the subscriber will be updated.
- Allow easier overriding output of a custom field if needed.
3. Improve EU VAT Number Validation
- Added a config option called EU VAT Number Validation Provider
to allow choosing service which is used to validate EU VAT Number. If the default service (European Union Webservice
) does not work, the backup service from vatcomply.com API will be used automatically. That will make sure VAT Number is always validated properly.
4. Frontend Subscriptions Management Improvement
Allow disable sending reminders from frontend subscriptions management
- Add option to allow hiding Export PDF button
5. Improve Member Card
You can now translate member card to all languages if your site is a multilingual website.
6. Allow using WEBP images For Plan
You can now using WEBP images format for your plans if needed. That helps reducing the size of images loaded on the page, so it will load faster
7. Custom Fields Behavior change
From this version, if you do not select a plan (on members list or subscriptions management page), all custom fields which are configured to be shown on the page will be displayed. Before this version, if you do not select a plan, only fields assigned to all plans will be displayed.
8. Various Language Items Update
Some language items were using with wrong meaning and being updated with this update (English language only)
- Net Amount => Amount
- Gross Amount => Total Amount
- Grace Period
in plan settings => Overlap Period
9. Various Bugs Fixes
Please update your site to this latest version of Membership Pro
to use these improvements and have these small bugs fixed. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. And remember, if you are using PHP older than 7.4, please update to at least PHP 7.4 to be able to continue updating to future releases of Membership Pro.