• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156144 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Membership Pro 3.3.0 with the following improvements:

1. PHP 8.2 Compatible
- Changes implemented to the extension to make sure it works well with PHP 8.2. So Membership Pro works well with PHP 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2 :).
- We also updated our Omnipay payment processing library to latest version (Omnipay 3). This libraries is used by some payment plugins. With this update, all payment plugins will compatible with PHP 8 out of the box. Note that if you use PHP 7.2+, these payment plugins will still work well.
- We also plan to raise PHP minimum requirement to PHP 7.4 in near future. So if you are using PHP older than 7.4, a warning will be displayed so that you know about it. You can turn of this warning if you want from Configuration of the extension.

2. Improve Custom Fields
Various improvements are made to custom fields in this release to make it even more powerful:

- Allow showing fee value associated with each custom fee field (in invoice, email messages) using syntax [FIELD_NAME_FEE_VALUE] . For example, if you have a custom fee field with name membership_option, you can use the tag [MEMBERSHIP_OPTION_FEE_VALUE] to show the fee value from that custom field.
- Add Synchronize Data setting to each custom field. If set to Yes, when data for that field is updated for a subscription record of certain users, it will be updated to all subscriptions records of that user.
- When admin update value of a custom field which has options associated with user groups, the user groups for the subscriber will be updated.
- Allow easier overriding output of a custom field if needed.

3. Improve EU VAT Number Validation
- Added a config option called EU VAT Number Validation Provider to allow choosing service which is used to validate EU VAT Number. If the default service (European Union Webservice) does not work, the backup service from vatcomply.com API will be used automatically. That will make sure VAT Number is always validated properly.

4. Frontend Subscriptions Management Improvement
Allow disable sending reminders from frontend subscriptions management
- Add option to allow hiding Export PDF button

5. Improve Member Card
You can now translate member card to all languages if your site is a multilingual website.

6. Allow using WEBP images For Plan
You can now using WEBP images format for your plans if needed. That helps reducing the size of images loaded on the page, so it will load faster

7. Custom Fields Behavior change

From this version, if you do not select a plan (on members list or subscriptions management page), all custom fields which are configured to be shown on the page will be displayed. Before this version, if you do not select a plan, only fields assigned to all plans will be displayed.

8. Various Language Items Update
Some language items were using with wrong meaning and being updated with this update (English language only)

- Net Amount => Amount
- Gross Amount => Total Amount
- Grace Period  in plan settings => Overlap Period

9. Various Bugs Fixes

Please update your site to this latest version of Membership Pro to use these improvements and have these small bugs fixed. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. And remember, if you are using PHP older than 7.4, please update to at least PHP 7.4 to be able to continue updating to future releases of Membership Pro.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: LMKweb, Bill, David Unwin, Adonay, Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #156147 by Alvis
After I updated to this version from 3.2.0, all the values of the fields in my website set "Can Edit On Profile" to NO are not show anymore.

In this cap-screen, first name, last name and chinese name are all set "Can Edit On Profile" to NO and in this last version working fine and now disappeared.

Is it a bug???
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Alvis.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156152 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [31-Jan-2023] Membership Pro version 3.3.0 releases
Hello Alvis

There was a small bug in the code and I fixed it. Could you please download latest package from My Downloads section, upgrade it to your site, then check it again to see if it solves the issue?

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 2 months ago #156154 by Alvis
Solved! Thanks for the prompt response. :)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156155 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [31-Jan-2023] Membership Pro version 3.3.0 releases
Great. Sorry for the bug. It only affects the fields which are not allowed to edit from profile. I did not see that issue during testing, really sorry.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156167 by David Matthews
Replied by David Matthews on topic [31-Jan-2023] Membership Pro version 3.3.0 releases
Hi Tuan, after upgrade to 3.3.0  I get  a deprecated notification: md5(): Passing null to parameter reference.... "Document.php on line 634"... and therefore this appears on every webpage whenever it's called. It's definitely the upgrade. I went to my immediately prior backup and everything is working fine again.
Cheers.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156168 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

That file seems belong to Joomla core, so I'm unsure if it comes from Membership Pro update.

If you can send me full screenshot of the error, I will be happy to look at it further

Tuan

More
1 year 2 months ago #156169 by David Matthews
Replied by David Matthews on topic [31-Jan-2023] Membership Pro version 3.3.0 releases
No problem, Tuan. I can do that but I'll have to reload the 3.3.0 again first. Please note that I'm on php 8.1.13 and latest Joomla 4.2.6. I'm also working offline (locally) via MAMP on Mac.
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156170 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

Latest version of Membership Pro is even tested with PHP 8.2 :). So PHP version should not be a problem

Regards,

Tuan

More
1 year 2 months ago #156171 by Alan Bennett
Replied by Alan Bennett on topic [31-Jan-2023] Membership Pro version 3.3.0 releases
Thanks Tuan

This is a really useful release and I have it live already :)

Well done and glad that some of my feature requests were delivered.