Proper Upgrade Procedure

• Eric Boone
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #1376 by Eric Boone
Proper Upgrade Procedure was created by Eric Boone
I have Joom Donation 1.3 installed and functioning properly. Great software.

Up until now, I had no need to use the campaign functionality. I then turned it on and created a campaign, but the donate button was missing.

I saw a post on this forum where you recently upgraded the campaign module, so I un-installed the old version and installed the new version. Now the donate button is present, but selecting the button results in a 500 error.

I assume this latest error is probably due to some incompatibility between the new revision of the campaign module and the old version of the component.

The question I have is how do you safely upgrade the component from 1.3 to 2.0 without losing data? Do I simply install and let the new overwrite the old?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eric Boone
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #1382 by Eric Boone
Replied by Eric Boone on topic Re:Proper Upgrade Procedure
I couldn't wait, so I simply un-installed 1.3 and installed 2.0. It worked and I did not lose my data.

However, there are a couple of bugs. I have reoccurring payments turned off, but the message send to the e-mail address is for the reoccurring payment, not a single payment.

Unfortunately, the person keeping track of the donations is not a Joomla back-end user and should not be. He will not be able to see the link. Also, could you post the original e-mail text for the recurring donation as I replaced it with the single payment text, which didn't send the e-mail info like before as I would have hoped.

The new donations are not showing up in the donor management list. This is critical if the e-mails do not work properly. I cannot get the all important legally require information.

• Eric Boone
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #1383 by Eric Boone
I found the correct syntax for the recurring payment e-mail and I can setup the payment admin as a back-end user if necessary for now, but I would prefer the e-mail to work as it did with 1.3.

The other issue is the donations are not showing up in the donation management tables as they should.

More
14 years 8 months ago #1386 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re:Proper Upgrade Procedure
Hi
Thanks for reporting the issues . Please make sure that you have lastest version of the extension installed because I tested it again and didn't see the error .
If you still see the errors , please email your site infos to contact@joomservices.com (FTP account and Joomla administrator account) so that I can check your site and find out the issue .
Sorry for not repling you earlier . I come to my home on saterday last week ( my home doesn't have internet connection ) and just come back to my office today .
Looking forward to receiving your infor so that I can check and fix it soon .
Regards,
Ossolution Team

More
14 years 8 months ago #1387 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
For upgrade process , just un-install the old version and install the new version . No data will be lost .
Regards ,
Ossolution Team

• Eric Boone
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #1388 by Eric Boone
No data was lost. The only error I received when un-installing was that en-GB.com_jdonation.ini could not be un-installed and when I installed the new version, it could not be overwritten, if my memory serves me correctly.

Regarding the two issues at hand.

I looked in the MySQL database directly and saw that my test transactions are in the donor database and assigned a campaign as they should have been. However, weather I select a campaign or not, none of the four new transactions appear in the Donation Management back-end page of Joom Donation.

I have no idea why the reoccurring donation e-mail goes out for single donations only. I hope you have an idea.

I will set you up with a back-end login here shortly.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #1389 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

I looked in the MySQL database directly and saw that my test transactions are in the donor database and assigned a campaign as they should have been. However, weather I select a campaign or not, none of the four new transactions appear in the Donation Management back-end page of Joom Donation.

=> The transactions only appear in donation management page if you have paid for it . What payment method are you using for testing ?

I think I should check it directly on your site to see and fix the issue . Please send me your site information . Once I had it , I will check and fix it for you .
Regards,
Ossolution Team
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

• Eric Boone
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #1390 by Eric Boone
I'm setting you up with an FTP account now. It just takes a bit for it to process. I'll get you the data as soon as the account is active.

Thanks

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt