[13-May-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.2.0 released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 11 months ago #143992 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Helpdesk Pro, version 4.2.0 with the following improvements:

1. Support Reply Via Email
This is biggest effort and biggest feature for this release. Admin/Customers can now reply the receive email to add comment to a ticket instead of having to login, access to the ticket to add a comment and upload attachment for this ticket. It requires PHP 7.2.0+ to work and setup cron job as described here helpdeskprodoc.joomservices.com/cerate-a...ly-tickets-via-email , but I believe you will like it.

2. Support Twitter Bootstrap 5, Compatible with Latest Joomla 4
Joomla 4 is close to release, so I spend sometime to work on Helpdesk Pro to make sure it is compatible with Joomla 4. So if you build a site with Joomla 4 for now or plan to update to Joomla 4 in the future when it is released, you won't have to worry about Helpdesk :Pro. It will work well on Joomla 4.

Please update your site to this latest version of Helpdesk Pro to use these new nice improvements.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #144301 by joomleb
Hi Tuan, 
Please, Is there any hope to see soon a "Create, Reply Tickets via WhatsApp"  similar to the Email one ?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #144302 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [13-May-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.2.0 released
Sorry, I don't have experience with WhatsApp and as of right now, I don't have plan for that option. I thinks emails is enough for most of the customers usage. If you need something with WhatsApp , I think you will need to develop a plugin yourself (could be base on the email plugin which we are having at the moment)

Tuan

• Jose Antonio Cardozo
More
1 year 2 months ago #156035 by Jose Antonio Cardozo
Replied by Jose Antonio Cardozo on topic [13-May-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.2.0 released
Hi Tuan,

I'm trying to get the reply via email function configured but I'm stuck with a problem. I've configured the System plugin Helpdeskpro Reply Via Email as follows:
Host: imap.gmail.com
Port: 993
Encryption: SSL
Validate Certificates: NO
Username: tickets@laprensa.com.uy
password: [mypassword]
Secret Code: [my secret code]

But ery time I run a tes with the url: laprensa.com.uy/index.php?secret_code= [mysecretcode] get an error on the logs.txt file

[01/26/2023 6:52 PM] - connect error=[E_WARNING] Authentication failed for user "tickets@laprensa.com.uy": imap_open(): Couldn't open stream {imap.gmail.com:993/imap/ssl/novalidate-cert}
imap_alerts (0):
imap_errors (1):
- Can not authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure),

Fail when authenticating, this can be related to the fact that I'm using a gmail account? What can you tell me?
Please I'm stuck.!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156043 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [13-May-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.2.0 released
Hello Jose

Yes. I have seen in the past it is not working well with Gmail based email address. Could you please switch to use a different email ? Also, if you are using PHP 8.1, please install this updated plugin.

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:

• Jose Antonio Cardozo
More
1 year 2 months ago #156056 by Jose Antonio Cardozo
Replied by Jose Antonio Cardozo on topic [13-May-2021] Helpdesk Pro version 4.2.0 released
Hi Tuna, don't worry, I figured it out!!!
On the Google Account manager, under Security Section, I had to enable the "Use of Less secure applications" condition. After that Helpdeskpro Reply Via Email plugin worked like a charm!!
I'm using PHP 7.4 so I guess I don't need the plugin update you deliverd me on the previus post. Nevertheless, I will be updating to Joomla 4 during 2023, in which case i will update PHP, this plugin is not included on the Helpdesk Pro version 5.1.2 release?
Thanks

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 2 months ago #156057 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for sharing the info. This updated plugin will be included in next release of Helpdesk Pro, so you don't have to worry about it

Regards,

Tuan

• Jose Antonio Cardozo
More
1 year 2 months ago #156310 by Jose Antonio Cardozo
Hi Tuan, I havn't update to the new release yet, but I will next month. But for the moment I need to create tickets from the front end interface in favor of a client. When I cretate a ticket from the front end I don't see "Name" (Costumer Name) and "Email" (costumer email) fields, so the ticket will be added to the account that makes the ticket.
It is different from the backend, because there I can see both data input fields and I can assign a ticket to a client.
It is possible?
Abother issue is that we need to edit the atachments name of the tickets. Is there a way?

Thanks for your time

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc