• paulkenna
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #20014 by paulkenna
[SOLVED]Documentation was created by paulkenna

Where do I find documentation for this Component

Paul
Melbourne

=> Please visit joomdonation.com/using-extensions/using-helpdesk-pro.html to see installation/usage tutorial document for Helpdesk Pro extension
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20016 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Documentation
Dear Paul

First of all, I am sorry for not having a completed tutorial document yet. At the moment, I am working hard to make the extension compatible with Joomla 3.0. I will continue writing tutorial document after that. For now, please do the below steps to setup the extension :

1. Go to Helpdesk Pro -> Configuration to Create support tickets categories. You should have different support categories in your system .

2. Create a menu item so that users can access to to submit support tickets. To do that, create a new menu item to link to Submit Ticket view of Helpdesk Pro .

Please that and if you have any questions, please post them here. Also, if you have a Skype account, you can talk to me directly. My Skype nick name is tuanpnves.

Regards,

Tuan

• José Antonio Freyre López
More
11 years 6 months ago #20116 by José Antonio Freyre López
Replied by José Antonio Freyre López on topic Re: Documentation
Dear Paul,

I just bougth the software a few minutes ago, and installed the component, but I don't understand how it works.

Could you provide me the user guide or an example to create a new form and acces.

Thanks.

• paulkenna
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20117 by paulkenna
Replied by paulkenna on topic Re: Documentation
Jose

I'm just another user who has purchased this component and cant get it to work as claimed

Please contact the administrator for support.

I have done everything as described here but the software does not provide me with any way to respond to a ticket that a client may have lodged. It provides a way for the client to lodge a ticket but no admin interface in either the front or back end. As such it is a total waste of time and I feel that I am entitled to a refund of the money I paid for the software.

I have received an email from osolution telling me that there are support files on this web site and now the administrator tells me that there are none. Why lie to customers? Everyone is busy but why would you write to me saying something was here when that is patently a lie - Not blame your automated email systems - you wrote them and use them to represent your business.

I am totally unhappy with this product as it is not even at Beta stage and should not be released to the public. I have informed the administrator that if he does not satisfy my complaints I will be writing my concerns on the joomla.org website that the product should not be relied upon by other Joomla users. Its a shame, as previous products I have purchased from this site have worked well, but as I have been blocked from accessing updates by the developer I will need to move on to other products for my ecommerce needs.

Paul Kenna
melbourne

More
11 years 6 months ago #20118 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Paul and Jose

First of all, I am really sorry for still not having the documentation ready yet. Too be honest, I am too busy these days to migrate my extensions to Joomla 3.0, so haven't had time to complete the documentation as provided yet.

However, I can confirm that the extension does work. While waiting for the tutorial documentation, could you (Joe and Paul) please contact me so that I can guide you directly (via Skype, YM, MSN or Gtalk). If I cannot get it works for you as promised in about one hour, I will go ahead to refund the money of your purchases.

I am available for support right now.

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 6 months ago #20119 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Paul

I have done everything as described here but the software does not provide me with any way to respond to a ticket that a client may have lodged. It provides a way for the client to lodge a ticket but no admin interface in either the front or back end. As such it is a total waste of time and I feel that I am entitled to a refund of the money I paid for the software.

=> You can see list of support tickets submitted by your customers from front-end or back-end. When you log-in to back-end, you can access to Helpdesk Pro -> Tickets to see list of submitted support tickets. Didn't you see it ?

If you want to manage the tickets from front-end, simply create a menu item to link to Ticket List/ Manage Tickets view of Helpdesk Pro and you can then access to that menu item to see list of submitted support tickets from your clients.

I am totally unhappy with this product as it is not even at Beta stage and should not be released to the public. I have informed the administrator that if he does not satisfy my complaints I will be writing my concerns on the joomla.org website that the product should not be relied upon by other Joomla users. Its a shame, as previous products I have purchased from this site have worked well, but as I have been blocked from accessing updates by the developer I will need to move on to other products for my ecommerce needs.

=> I didn't block access from you from future updates. We do provide free upgrade for one year for each purchase. Could you please explain more detail about it ?

Tuan

More
11 years 6 months ago #20120 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
To both Paul and Joe :

1. I assure that the extension does work as promised. I just haven't completed tutorial document yet, so please be patient and wait for now. For now, please contact me directly for support via Skype, YM, MSN or Gtalk :

MSN : tuanpn@hotmail.com
Gltak : ext4joomla@gmail.com
YM : tuanpn_it_bk

Hope to talk to you and get it up and running for you within few minutes.

2. If you don't want to chat with me, could you please submit a support ticket sending me administrator account of your site so that I can setup everything for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

• paulkenna
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20121 by paulkenna
Replied by paulkenna on topic Re: Documentation
Yes I do see the tickets arrive in both the front end and back end methods

But after that there is no functionality to respond to the support tickets. You cant do anything with the support ticket - You cant respond to the person who raised the support ticket. You can change a drop down to vary the level of activity but you cant communicate with the client.

Am I supposed to refer the client off to another process - like your own support services here - to a different application with a separate login process?

The workflow should be - ticket lodged - shown to client as lodged - customer service view the request - status changed - Customer service take some action which is communicated to the client - client responds and says whether they are happy with response or get further info - this can loop for a while until client satisfied - then ticket archived

In your screenshots you show an image which shows a different command window with something showing a comment process. This does not appear in the version of the component I was sent.

This is why I am unhappy with the software - it appears little more than a user comment form and is not a helpdesk program

Paul Kenna
Melbourne

More
11 years 6 months ago #20122 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Paul

When you access to the support ticket, you don't see Add Comment link which allow you to reply to the customer ticket ? Could you please send me a screenshot of ticket detail page from back-end ?

Tuan

More
11 years 6 months ago #20123 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Paul

Please look at the attached screenshot to understand how to reply to a support ticket.

Tuan
Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc