Auto populate images from options

• Ian Shere
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #66236 by Ian Shere
Auto populate images from options was created by Ian Shere
I've been entering product for a cosmetics manufacturer. Eyeshadows had over 90 colors. That meant I had to set up color options for eyeshadows, then, when I went to set up the product....

In the product I had to add every option item individually AND assign an image to it. That was bad enough, but I then had to add images, individually, under the "Images" tab. What a lot of triple handling!

A much more efficient way would be this. As I have done anyway because of the huge number of colors, make a separate color option selection for each product. So a color option for Eyeshadow, another for Lip Pencil, another for Glitter Liner, etc. Under the OPTIONS assign an image to it rather than just giving it a name. In the product, select the Option under the Options tab and have that action immediately populate all the colors with their images. Or maybe ask the question when entering, "Auto populate?" YES | NO.

As well, automatically assign those images to the Images tab. Any extra ones (can't imagine WHY there might be) could be easily deleted. MUCH, MUCH quicker and simpler than the tedious 3 step solution now. Enter it once and reuse - that's what computers and CMSs are for.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ian Shere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #66522 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Auto populate images from options
Hello Ian,

I will re-check more that process and if it is useful to improve, I will do that.

Sincerely, Giang

• Ian Shere
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #70399 by Ian Shere
Replied by Ian Shere on topic Auto populate images from options
Hi Giang

Any change on this? It's still a very cumbersome interface requiring multiple extra clicks per operation than it should. Options is the worst I think it can be - so much repetition. It's like it was designed to make it as slow as possible to add options. Why do we have to add options separately (but only as a name), then add options yet again from within the product interface, this time adding name, images, etc? Terribly wasteful of time. If you MUST have options separately, allow us to add images, etc to the options and then assign that option to a product. It's just so disjointed.

Also, where there are multiple images on a product - such as in the case of colors - can we have the option of displaying the thumbnails in a grid rather than the slideshow (which is tedious to scroll through if you have 90 colors as one product did).

I really like eShop by and large, and the frontend is really nice. It's just this entering repeated times of the same info that's time wasting and annoying. Just so you understand how I'm using it (which seemed logical to me), I have 9 major categories, with multiple categories under that, with individual products in those sub-categories. Most products have multiple colors. So I have set up separate options for the colors in each product - so, Lip Gloss colors, Lip Glaze colors, Eye Shadow colors, etc.

You can see the way I've set it up at www.ckdev.info/sheriff . If you want login details I will sent privately. There must be a better way to do this. Thanks.

• Ian Shere
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #70400 by Ian Shere
Replied by Ian Shere on topic Auto populate images from options
Another thing. When adding options or images, rather than clicking "Add" 90 times (which I've had to do), can we have an option to add "x" rows? Again, this is just a poor way of handling this particular process that makes it so much more time consuming than it needs be.

When adding images, I added 54 rows (so, yes, that's 54 clicks) then numbered them 1 - 54 in the ordering boxes, but I didn't add images at that time. Because eShop is still a little flakey in dumping stuff, I clicked save. It saved and deleted everything I'd just done. Yet another annoying little glitch in design. If you're going to trash everything because the info isn't complete, at least give us a pop-up to tell us.

As I mentioned previously, it's a good product, but could easily be superb if these annoyances were dealt with.

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong