Words do not exist in translation??

• Peter Pütz
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 days ago #159666 by Peter Pütz
Words do not exist in translation?? was created by Peter Pütz
Hiho,
after migration to Joomla 4 some translated words are gone or another translation has taken place. I find this new translation not in the translation area (screenshot of the frontend registrant management) to change it (ex. "Warteliste gelöscht" to "TourGuide" as it was in my migrated Joomla 3 Version. I cannot find "Warteliste gelöscht" in my installed languages (not in common, not in german, not in english).
Any ideas where I can change this?

Thanks, Peter
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 days ago #159667 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Words do not exist in translation??
Hi Peter

What's this page? It is not in English language and only contain one column, so I do not know what is it to guide you

Tuan

• Peter Pütz
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 2 days ago - 9 months 2 days ago #159676 by Peter Pütz
Replied by Peter Pütz on topic Words do not exist in translation??
Hello Tuan,
sorry. My Problem ist not so easy to discribe and my english ist not the best. The screenshot shows the status of a registant in the registrants list in the frontend.
We use the "Payment Status" field to define the status of the registration and the status of the passengers (registered, waiting list, cancelled, group leader).
I simply renamed it using the translation tool. So we can generate a complete list of the whole Group and can control which users are registrants and which users are group leaders. Group leaders should not be included in the available places.
This worked fine before the migration to J4. Now I can't find the translation used by the system, so I can't adjust it. The system seems to use a different translation.
Peter
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 months 2 days ago by Peter Pütz.

More
9 months 2 days ago #159677 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

It is still not very clear to me. However, in the past, there are only two language files:

- Frontend language
- Backend language

Recently, there is a new language file, so the dropdown (second dropdown) has a new option called Common language file (the dropdown next to the one which says de-DE in your screeshot)

Maybe you can choose that common language file before doing search?

Tuan

• Peter Pütz
  • Topic Author
More
8 months 4 weeks ago #159734 by Peter Pütz
Replied by Peter Pütz on topic Words do not exist in translation??
Hi Thuan,
"Maybe you can choose that common language file before doing search?"

Yes, I know there are 3 language files (frontend, backend and common). But some used words is not found in any of the three translations. That's the funny thing. I don't know where it comes from.
Attachments:

More
8 months 4 weeks ago #159735 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Peter

For this, I have no other clues. I guess you will need to submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and link to the page which I can see the word you are finding.

I will check and tell you where it comes from so that you can find and change it if needed

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bas van Kollenburg