Split Event into two dates

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #13561 by ImdAn
Replied by ImdAn on topic Re: Split Event into two dates
Hi Tuan,

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll investigate the custom fee fields feature.

I'd like to suggest that a multi-part event feature would be a powerful addition, for a future release.
Maybe release it as a 'Pro' version, at double the price?

Best wishes,

Dan
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by ImdAn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14948 by lfpnk0
Replied by lfpnk0 on topic Re: Split Event into two dates
A bit hacky I admit ... but, it works until the feature can be added to this component:

Create the first instance of your event as if there was only one date - make note of the ID for this event (you can find the ID on the far right hand column of the event list in the backend)

When creating the remaining "dummy" instances, use all of the same information as you did in the first instance, with these exceptions:

1. Disable Registration
2. Place the following code in the Description field

*IF YOU ARE USING A WYSIWYG EDITOR BE SURE TO TURN OFF THE EDITOR OR SWITCH TO HTML MODE WHEN ENTERING OR EDITING THIS IN THE DESCRIPTION FIELD

*WHEN USING THIS SCRIPT, BE SURE TO CHANGE THE NUMBER "9" IN BOTH PLACES TO THE ID OF FIRST ARTICLE THAT YOU CREATED (THE ONE I TOLD YOU TO MAKE NOTE OF)
Code:
<script type='text/javascript'> <!-- var eb_redir_id = 9; // CHANGE THE NUMBER 9 TO THE ID OF YOUR PRIMARY EVENT var eb_redir_url = '/calendar-events?task=view_event&event_id='+eb_redir_id; window.location = eb_redir_url; //--> </script> This event is part of a group of events. To register for this group of events, please click <a href='/calendar-events?task=view_event&event_id=9'>here</a><!--CHANGE THE NUMBER 9 TO THE ID OF YOUR PRIMARY EVENT-->

When the person clicks on the event from the calendar or event list the event that they clicked on will start to load, but before the entire page can load it will redirect them to the primary event so that they can register there. If the person does not have javascript enabled (such as google bot), they will 1) not have the button to register for the "dummy" event because registration is disabled and 2) will be given a link to the primary event where they can register.

If anyone else would like to contribute an improvement or alternative solution, please chime in!

Disclaimer: I make no claims or warranties as to the accuracy, stability or usefulness of any information/script/code provided in this post. If it works for you, great ... if not, please do not get mad at me for offering free advise or sharing ideas.

License: Unless otherwise specified Any...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc