Table layout options

More
13 years 1 month ago #8123 by Jean
Table layout options was created by Jean
Hi there,

Recently purchased Event Booking - I like it but would like more options in the 'viewing' of the events.

I currently have selected 'Table layout: Displays a list of documents from a category in the table format'.

Off course this does what it says and only shows the events from 1 category.

I would like to have a table thats shows ALL events, sorted by Event date.

Also, I would like to have more columns. Currently is 'No - Event - Event Date - Capacity'. I would like to change this to:

'Event - Date - Year - Location - Capacity - Price - Photo'

Where 'Photo' is just a link to the photo album.

I think this is possible with some changes to the xml, but could you help me with this? I have no clue on where to look? B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8125 by marcelke
Replied by marcelke on topic Re: Table layout options
Hello Jean,

I have been struggling with the same question. I wanted to add location in the table layout and the possibility to subrcibe directly from this layout. This needs programming and I am not a programmer so I didn't succeeded for all. For example till now have only two locations and I hard coded this in the table layout. So not ideal! See: www.joomdonation.com/index.php?option=co...iew&catid=61&id=6732

I hope Tuan will implement this in the next release but till now it is very silent. (I think he is hard working on anagramming).

Kind regards,
Marcel

More
13 years 1 month ago #8126 by Jean
Replied by Jean on topic Re: Table layout options
Thx Marcel,

I think this should not be so hard?

What about the 'show all events' instead of justone category, figured that out?

Any idea when the new release will be?

More
13 years 1 month ago #8131 by Jean
Marcel,

Which files did you change? Its fine for me to hardcode it if thats the only possibillity.

What other overviews would be OK to show all the events in a table? (or different view as long as you see all the events).

Regards,

Jean

More
13 years 1 month ago #8139 by marcelke
Replied by marcelke on topic Re: Table layout options
Hello Jean,

I am not related to Joomdonation and I am not a real programmer, I am just a user so I can you only tell you what I did. The file you need to change is the table.php in the directory: components/com_eventbooking/views/category/tmpl

Kind regards,
Marcel

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 1 month ago #8151 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Table layout options
Hi Marcel & Jean

In the current version, the location of event is not available in table layout. Will try to work on it sometime this week to work on this feature .

@Jean : To show all events, you can create a menu item to link to table layout of category view. In the menu item parameter, don't choose a category, choose Top . It will then display all events in table layout !

Thanks, !

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 1 month ago #8155 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Marcel & Jean

I just updated the download package on server. In the latest version, you can go to Event Booking -> Configuration, looks at Themes tab config option, set Show Location in Category View config option to Yes. After that, the location will be showed in table layout .

@Jean : After upgrade to the latest version (still version 1.3.2, just new code added), you still need to customize the layout to meet your need. The layout you need to customize is components/com_eventbooking/views/category/tmpl/table.php. If you know basic HTML + PHP, you will be able to modify it easily !

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 1 month ago #8156 by Jean
Wow thx! B) :cheer:

I'm not able to have a look at it right now, but will asap. I've used the 'top' instead of category and that works already.

I know basic html / php so I'll be working on it :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #8164 by Jean
Where to find the new version on the server? I'm not srue where to look

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
13 years 1 month ago #8167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

You can simply logging in your account, access to Customer Area -> Orders history. You will see your order and can downlaod the purchased extensions from there !

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc