Overrides

• Mr Leslie Jarrett
  • Topic Author
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165162 by Mr Leslie Jarrett
Overrides was created by Mr Leslie Jarrett
We want to create some overrides to the events module but need some help to start on the following 
[1] we want to add some code when an event is published to post that event on our group Facebook Page the caveat is that only the ACCESS and Registration level as per JOOMLA access levels include PUBLIC..
[2] in future the same applies for other social media if we want to make the same code
[3] when a user looks at an event detail they have the option to post the event details to Facbook etc , again the caveat is the sane as [1] only the posting buttons can be shown if the event has teh PUBLIC access level

These are needed as some events we have are restricted to certain member groups as we use membership pro and as such the public unless they are registered in that group will not see the event. We do not want restricted events being shown publically on social media such as Facebook.

so what help do we need -:
[a] can it be done , if so what PHP files need changing
can these changes be part of Os-Events override folder so that any upgrades do not delete the changes we make.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #165190 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Overrides
Honestly, I don't really understand exactly what you are trying to do, so I could not give you the answers. Please explain more details about it.

1. For your question #1: Look like you want to publish your event automatically to Facebook when it is posted. In that case, I think you need to develop a plugin for that task. The plugin should use this event trigger docs.joomdonation.com/eventsbooking/deve...gin#onaftersaveevent

3. If I understand your question correctly, you can edit code in the file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/event/default_share.php . If you modify that file, please remember to move the modified file to template override templates/template_name/html/com_eventbooking/event folder so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc