Price button link to external URL (ie - Ticketmaster)

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144414 by Matt Bechtold
I would like the price "buttons" to link to an external URL. Right now they're just red boxes that have a mouse-over effect, but don't link to anything.

You can view what I'm referring to here: libertyhall.mattbechtold.com/events/coming-events

I want to know how to set the URL for those buttons ($26 - $35 - $50 & $30.00).

Thank you,
Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #144431 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Price button link to external URL (ie - Ticketmaster)
Hi Matt

For that, you would need to edit code. Take a look at the file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/common/events_timeline.php and do the modification to have it works as you want

Attached is sample modified file. Assume you entered the URL into External Registration Handle URL setting in the event, it should work

Tuan
Attachments:

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144465 by Matt Bechtold
Replied by Matt Bechtold on topic Price button link to external URL (ie - Ticketmaster)
Thank you for your assistance! Much appreciated. I've added a target to your href addition, and it's working great.

I just need to modify the CSS so that the text (prices) show up on the button. Right now they appear to be red on red.

I've tried adding custom css to the configuration page, but they don't seem to be working, even with !important. Please advise.

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144466 by Matt Bechtold
Replied by Matt Bechtold on topic Price button link to external URL (ie - Ticketmaster)
Also, please advise how best to make this change to events_timeline.php an override/local so that it won't get overwritten by future updates.

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144469 by Matt Bechtold
Nevermind on this CSS issue. I've resolved it myself.

I do still wish to know how best to preserve these changes with overrides, etc, so they're not destroyed when updating Events Booking.

Thank you!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #144477 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Price button link to external URL (ie - Ticketmaster)
Hello Matt

Just move that modified file to PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/common folder of your site and it won't be lost during update

PATH_TO_TEMPLATE is path to the the template which you are using on your site. For example, with Joomla core protostar template, it is templates/protostar

Hope this helps

Tuan

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #144495 by Matt Bechtold
Thank you very much, Tuan!
This is some excellent software, and I have a lot to learn about using it. But knowing you're here with quick replies is very reassuring.

Matt

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 10 months ago #144511 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Matt. Please continue setting up and using the extension. If you have questions or need help, please don't hesitate to ask

Regards,

Tuan

• Matt Bechtold
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 1 month ago #150062 by Matt Bechtold
I'm revisiting this thread to make the same changes to the Joomla 4 version of our site that is currently in development, but I'm running into a snag. The file you modified above called events_timeline.php doesn't exist in the Joomla 4 version of your software (or it has moved). I'm seeing a lot of similarities in the events_timeline_layout.php, but nothing about the registration_handle_url -- so making the change you made previously is proving difficult.

Can you provide the updated file(s) I'll need to make the change I asked for in the thread above?

Thank you, Tuan (and team)!

Matt

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 month ago #150065 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Matt

Yes. You can just modify the file components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/common/events_timeline_layout.php .

What do you want to know about registration_handle_url ? You just need to use $event->registration_handle_url and it will return that URL. Not sure what else do you want?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc