online location of a Webinar

• George
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14988 by George
online location of a Webinar was created by George
I use Event Booking for both live and online events.

When I create a location with the title "Online" iwill show Online, but also make a link to a google map going nowhere.

I now put the url in the confirmation e-mail and that works, but I have to leave the Location field empty.
I would like to be able to put an url or something else in the location field when creating a webinar event without the googlemap creation for webinars. Is there any way of doing this? Any ideas?

Regards,
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #15011 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: online location of a Webinar
Hi George

Did you enter the correct address when creating location ? Do you see the correct latitude and longitude generated after you save the location ?

Tuan

• George
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #15018 by George
Replied by George on topic Re: online location of a Webinar
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not want an address, because it is an Online meeting. I want to be able to put a weblink that will go to the webinar page.

Regards, George

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #15063 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: online location of a Webinar
Hi George

In this case, I think you could not use Location Feature in Event Booking. You will have to use custom field feature to showing the location in Event Detail page (custom fields for events, not for Registration Form) . The steps are :

1. Go to Event Booking -> Configuration, set "Event Custom Field" config option to Yes .

2. Open the file components/com_eventbooking/fields.xml. This file define all the custom fields you want to use. By default, it define two custom fields : One is a text input custom field and the other is a textarea custom field . In this case, you can remove the textarea custom field and change title of the text input custom field to Location.

3. After that, when you add/edit event from back-end, you will see a new tab called Extra Information. In this tab, you will be able to enter the URL you want.

4. That location will be showed from front-end in Event Detail page .

Hope this help

Tuan

• George
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #15070 by George
Replied by George on topic Re: online location of a Webinar
Thank you, Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc