Moving from Seminar

• andysdp
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14644 by andysdp
Moving from Seminar was created by andysdp
Hi

I have purchased Events Booking and am implementing on an upgraded Joomla 2.5 site for our Scout Group. We have been using the free extension Seminar which doesn't seem to be being developed any further, and we need the payment online feature that Events Booking offers. I therefor have some events that our members have already registered for, which I am moving across to Events Booking. My question is this; Is there any way that my users will be able to log back in to their booking (that I will have created as an administrator) and pay online? Or will I have to ask them to re-register in Events Booking? (which I don't really want to do!)

Does Events Booking allow an "offline payment" choice to be changed to "PayPal Payment" at a later date?

I am really liking this extension so far, keep up the good work!

Many thanks for you help.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14660 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Moving from Seminar
Hi Andy

therefor have some events that our members have already registered for, which I am moving across to Events Booking. My question is this; Is there any way that my users will be able to log back in to their booking (that I will have created as an administrator) and pay online?

=> Unfortunately, Seminar and Event Booking are two different extensions. They are not integrated together, so it cannot work in the way you described. In this case, your users will have to re-register again in Event Booking.

Does Events Booking allow an "offline payment" choice to be changed to "PayPal Payment" at a later date?

=> I don't really understand what you want. If you want your users to be able to choose offline payment at the begining, then come back later to make payment using Paypal then it is not possible. When users choose offline payment , that mean they will pay for you by someway (for example, sending payment to bank account...). After receiving payment, you will mark the registration record as Paid manually from back-end .

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

• andysdp
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14674 by andysdp
Replied by andysdp on topic Re: Moving from Seminar
Hi Tuan

Thanks for your reply.

=> Unfortunately, Seminar and Event Booking are two different extensions. They are not integrated together, so it cannot work in the way you described. In this case, your users will have to re-register again in Event Booking.

I understand that they are separate and that there is no link or import between the two. I also realise that I will have to create new events manually in EB using data for users that have already registered using Seminar. I was trying to avoid asking them to re-register!!

=> I don't really understand what you want. If you want your users to be able to choose offline payment at the begining, then come back later to make payment using Paypal then it is not possible. When users choose offline payment , that mean they will pay for you by someway (for example, sending payment to bank account...). After receiving payment, you will mark the registration record as Paid manually from back-end .

This will only be a one time problem for me as I transfer existing bookings from Seminar to EB. All new events will be created in EB and therefore not a problem.

Maybe "Pay later" or change offline back to online might be a good feature? People do change their minds!.....

Many thanks

Andy

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc