Field order, validation & display (1 of 4 Solved)

• Marc Ozin
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #12730 by Marc Ozin
I've just started using the Event Booking component but cant seem to find the answer to these questions on the forum (I've also opened a ticket).

Display Order

1. There doesn't seem to be a way to set the order the registration fields (both standard and custom) are displayed in the event registration form. How can I do this?

Money Fields

2. I've set a custom field to allow users to add an optional donation to their booking. The field is a textbox and the fee formula is set to "[FIELD_VALUE]". Is there a way to ensure that users enter a number value in this box?

Date Fields

3. I've also created a Date of Birth custom field defined as "Date Time" field. This adds the date picker button but users can still fill in any text they like in the text box next to it. Is there a way to ensure they enter a valid date?

Descriptions

4. lastly, none of the descriptions I've set as part of the fields are displayed on the form. Is there supposed to be a popup info or something? If so how do I activate it?

Thanks in advance for all your help

M.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Marc Ozin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marc Ozin
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12752 by Marc Ozin
Replied by Marc Ozin on topic Re: Field order, validation and display
1. Display Order - SOLVED

There doesn't seem to be a way to set the order the registration fields (both standard and custom) are displayed in the event registration form. How can I do this?

If the ordering column is greyed out, you need to sort the table by this column. This will un-grey the ordering column. To do with click on the header title of the ordering column.

All thanks to Administrator for pointing this out in the ticket I opened!

More
12 years 3 months ago #13389 by robtms
Hi
this solution is good for ordering custom fields to each other.
But if I want to add a custom field in default field values​​, how can I do?

In addition, I also want to see a description of the fields. How it works?

Thanks for the help

More
12 years 3 months ago #13918 by Navella
I don't think you can order the standard fields, or place custom fields amongst them.
there is also no way to order where things like coupon code and paypal/offline fields appear.

Hopefully in a future version of EB there will be a master list of any possible form field in EB together, both standard default fields, ones the system puts in there and the custom ones. Then we would have complete control over the form ordering.

We need as many people as possible to request this in the features forum

More
12 years 2 months ago #14356 by rickei
Yes! Please consider adding field sorting and the ability to place custom fields within the standard fields as a feature.

We are using this for police, fire and military. we need their "rank" to be close to their name.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc