Ability to include location in the confirmation e

• ecarne
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #10087 by ecarne
OK - you may be new at this whole event thing - I'm not.

The event name is not the venue. We run events like Healing the Healer, and Sound Wellness Solution / Sound Wellness for Life, and so on. The venue is the name of the facility where we hold the event. Like the bookstore or the "Best Western Hotel", or a host of others that we use. That's what shows up with registration Detail when you include that function.

The reason for wanting the Venue name split out is flexibility. I can highlight the event and venue in the email subject, "You are now registered for "Healing the Healer" at the Best Western Hotel in Anytown, Alberta"

Then in the body of the email we can add the location again and the address / phone number so they have it for reference to find the event. And they can use the phone number to call the venue and book reservations there, as our events run 3 or 4 days and most of our participants are from out of town. On the software that we have historically used, we also include the web address of the hotel, where appropriate, so our participants can book online if they choose.

Hope that's clear now.

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10088 by IamJim

OK - you may be new at this whole event thing - I'm not.

Nope, long way from it...and way past you...53 years old and have been programming since Paper Tape which was after punch cards.

1) The suggestions are great, don't get me wrong

2) As a programming pro, and one that has also worked for Microsoft and Borland in the past... knowing databases and structures...and easy mods/changes...to what 'doesExist?'

3) Again, the suggestions area great !! But to get what you need done "today" the simplest mod is to add/tag one field, he can recompile and upgrade you..

4) The email 'tick boxes to include fields' can wait... (my suggestions)

5) Your looking for a simple solution to "coin the event' externallyAddresses, while the mass of users...are not... and all has been described

On the software that we have historically used, we also include the web address of the hotel, where appropriate, so our participants can book online if they choose.

A custom app would be your best interest (smile)...complete w/ SMS integration.. (as I am working on for it) and how to Issue Refunds...for ?? (see below)

6) More important from what i see for this? Is a 'Event Cancelled' option [aka ALERT] ...than printing details of what already exists..

7) Ed? What happens if your event gets rained out?

PS.. All these tips come from a good friend of mine : www.thesharpestmindintheuniverse.com/ Hell, helps me a lot...in fact all my life..(smile) again, great suggestions we are discussing...

But?? Should

EdsEventCertainDayCertainPeopleHave paid > getsCancelledPlaceNoLongerExistsDueToNuclearWar >needToInformPeople > andHaveTheirMoneyReturned

=NowWhat

ALL MANUAL !!

should come first? Over simple things that the user has SEEN once, signed up for ?? And know what they paid for and where they should be, prior to an email acknowledge addition? That is redundancy (and waste of ink...lol) They can simply click on the link, as it is now...and print the page..

Hence using
Free Event
Event Properties
Event date: 07-14-2011 5:00 am
Event end date: 07-14-2011 6:00 am
Capacity Unlimited
Registered 1
Individual Price Free
Text Field Location Name
Text Area Field Physical Address goes here

Ed, if you need help renaming the outputs of 'Text Field' And 'Text Area Field' and hack them to VenueName and VenueLocation I'll help you....

And that will work for you needs now just fine?

My 'new to the rodeo' comments regarding "events and what is existing' at present...and I have paid for <grin>and using my FLIR ability, know manually cancellingTHOUSANDS of Buyers,Manually =

NotGoodIdea
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by IamJim.

• ecarne
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 10 months ago #10089 by ecarne
Let's get back to basics shall we.

My initial request was simple. I need to be able to include additional fields in the emails that I send so that location is available to me to use as I have previously explained.

That's it.

I don't need to go to the nth degree over this and it doesn't need to be complicated. And I don't need it today. I am still using this in test mode - I won't go live with it until I am satisfied that my customers experience is perfect!

Tuan's initial suggestions were fine, and suited my needs perfectly. I didn't want to include everything under a simple tag of [LOCATION] as I like to include the venue/city in the subject of the email.

And I don't think that I'm the only one who would use this. which is why I suggested it in the first place.

(and for the record, I am older than you, and I did start on punch cards on a Burroughs 6700. which by the way means absolutely nothing! I wasn't suggesting you didn't know how to program - just that you may not have my experience (or needs) in running events. And yes, I could have a custom integration done to include my requirement, or I could have my IT person, who by the way has developed databases and built in security for them for the military do it, BUT then every time there's an update, I have to modify. I have neither the time or patience for that. If it's a reasonable request, either I try to get it incorporated, do a workaround - like doing it manually, or I find a piece of s/w that will do it)

So can we please just let Tuan work his magic with what he has already suggested?

Thank you.

Ed

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #10090 by IamJim

So can we please just let Tuan work his magic with what he has already suggested?

AMEN, lol..

jc
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by IamJim.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10161 by lkbackus
when do you anticipate this functionality (showing event location in the confirmation emails) to be available?

More
12 years 6 months ago #11831 by nycps
have you added this feature yet?

More
12 years 6 months ago #11832 by IamJim
I can't help you.. I have not played with this module in some time. Just posting so that i stay on the reply to topic emails.

More
12 years 6 months ago #12007 by magestyx
This is an essential feature - is it ready yet? I'm needing it on a site ASAP.

Thanks.

More
12 years 6 months ago #12009 by IamJim
And again, posting to stay on email list

More
12 years 4 months ago #12894 by nycps
anything on this feature yet Tuan?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc