Integration between Events Booking and Payment Forms

• Dave Johnson
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 3 days ago #159587 by Dave Johnson
Hi,

I have a weekly event which has no set price but relies on donations. I have managed this before by creating a recurring event set for group bookings only and each ticket £1. I have changed the translation to read "Donation amount £" instead of "Number of group members" (or similar). Then if people want to donate £6, the event will register 6 people at £1 each. A bit of a hack, but it works. 
However, I now need to enable shopping cart for my site and so group bookings won't work. I am thinking that I won't be able to use Events Booking to take donations.
Then I wondered if Payment Forms extension could somehow be used as an Events Booking payment method. That way instead of selecting Stripe or PayPal you could select Payment Forms and choose a form number. That form could be custom made by me to accept donations. Then when the payment goes through, they are booked onto the Event.

Could this be done and would it be useful to other people?

Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 2 days ago #159590 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Integration between Events Booking and Payment Forms
Hi Dave

Not sure if I understand your request correctly. However, if you want to take donation, just create a textbox custom fee field to allow users to make donation for you. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...ox-custom-field-type

Could you please try to setup to see if it works ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Dave Johnson
  • Topic Author
More
9 months 2 days ago #159602 by Dave Johnson
Replied by Dave Johnson on topic Integration between Events Booking and Payment Forms
Thank you Tuan, that's exactly what I need. I set up a required fee field of integer, min value 3 and set the event price to free. Now customers can register by paying anything they like above £3.

Thanks again,
Dave

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 2 days ago #159607 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Integration between Events Booking and Payment Forms
Great, happy to hear that the solution worked for you

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc